Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by ApronMama » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:27 pm

2ppaamm wrote:Hi,

My son did MEP in RI. He enjoyed it very much, though the master classes can make him fall asleep. On the whole, he liked it quite a bit compared to other courses in the school. He particularly enjoyed the listening log part and he actually enjoyed the assignments!
Hi 2ppaamm, How is RI DSA (via Music) related to those doing MEP? What is the criteria for doing MEP using piano? and what is the drop out rate like? Thanks.

MJ2010
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MJ2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:23 am

Does anyone know of a guy who likes to shoot videos of boys in school uniform at Bishan MRT station. He is nicknamed Bishan Gay. He seems to be rather popular among the RI boys. Not only my DS and his friends mentioned about him (they say him weird), I am appalled when one of my son's primary school friend joined his facebook as a fan. This morning my son sms saying that his classmate bluetoothed a photos of Bishan Gay. Well, from the facebook, he looks like a 40 yr old uncle. Maybe he just want to be friendly or what. Anyway, I hope he pose no harm to other kids.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:13

Post by phankao » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 am

MJ2010 wrote:Does anyone know of a guy who likes to shoot videos of boys in school uniform at Bishan MRT station. He is nicknamed Bishan Gay. He seems to be rather popular among the RI boys. Not only my DS and his friends mentioned about him (they say him weird), I am appalled when one of my son's primary school friend joined his facebook as a fan. This morning my son sms saying that his classmate bluetoothed a photos of Bishan Gay. Well, from the facebook, he looks like a 40 yr old uncle. Maybe he just want to be friendly or what. Anyway, I hope he pose no harm to other kids.
This "bishan gay" has been there for many many years... always can find him at KFC bishan. He's harmless. I wouldn't advise the boys to talk to him lah. He's definitely older than 40s.

http://www.asiaone.com/Digital/News/Sto ... 81738.html

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mathsparks » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:20 pm

kiasuson wrote:
mathsparks wrote:Just wondering if anyone has received a copy of student handbook. :? Is it something like a calendar/planner?
There are some delay in the printing.
Thank you, kiasuson. Is this handbook like a planner too?

kiasuson
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by kiasuson » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:32 am

mathsparks wrote:Thank you, kiasuson. Is this handbook like a planner too?
Yes.

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by verykiasu2010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Is it true that RI leaves a lot of the learning to the students themselves without much classroom instruction ?

Came across a recent conversation that claimed that both RI & RGS have minimal classroom instructions, students mostly focus on their CCA & projects etc .....

How true ?

Appreciate RI students / parents to clarify

MJ2010
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MJ2010 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:20 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:Is it true that RI leaves a lot of the learning to the students themselves without much classroom instruction ?

Came across a recent conversation that claimed that both RI & RGS have minimal classroom instructions, students mostly focus on their CCA & projects etc .....

How true ?

Appreciate RI students / parents to clarify
Hi,
DS's MT teacher makes his class memories many words and phrases during lessons through activities and games. His Math teacher does teach but the worksheets given out are way too challenging. DS failed one of his Maths exercise. After making him do some simple drilling on the Math textbook, he is able to manage those worksheets. As DS is the last few in the COP, I wonder if he is able to cope with the rigorous schedule and workload? DS enjoys going to school and has no regrets as at to date.

MdmKS
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by MdmKS » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi RI parents, just want to know more about Heymaths. Understand RI studentsmay be subscribing to this web tool for self learning. Is it useful and good ?

TIA

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by verykiasu2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:44 am

MdmKS wrote:Hi RI parents, just want to know more about Heymaths. Understand RI studentsmay be subscribing to this web tool for self learning. Is it useful and good ?

TIA
Other schools are also subscribing to it .... seems good

edanson
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: PSLE 2009

Post by edanson » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:04 am

Hello,

Anyone know what is the cut-off point for EESIS for 2009 PSLE result ?