Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
naggo-nitemare
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

EEIS cut-off

Post by naggo-nitemare » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:27 pm

I heard from 2 people that it's 261 for 2009 PSLE.

edanson
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: EEIS cut-off

Post by edanson » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:00 pm

naggo-nitemare wrote:I heard from 2 people that it's 261 for 2009 PSLE.
Thank you naggo-nitemare. :thankyou:

If I did not remember wrongly the cut-point was 263 in 2007. It seems that it has dropped. But not surprising since the intake cut-off points for most school dropped too.

Anyone out there know of anyone who gets 260 but were still offered EESIS by MOE?

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mathsparks » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Any parents/students know of kids in sports cca (not thru' sports dsa) doing well enough to get into raffles academy. Would they even have the time and energy left for 3rd lang?

My concern is that with sports training taking up much of their time, would the academics be affected?

MJ2010
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MJ2010 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:50 pm

edanson wrote:
Anyone out there know of anyone who gets 260 but were still offered EESIS by MOE?
Dear Edanson,

My son's classmates who scored 260 did not have EESIS. My friend daughter's classmate who scored 261 was offered EESIS. Apparently the COP for EESIS is 261.

My son just called me that he was not given his choice of CCA. He is very disappointed. Most of his classmates have the same fate as him. :(

edanson
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by edanson » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:02 pm

MJ2010 wrote:
edanson wrote:
Dear Edanson,

My son's classmates who scored 260 did not have EESIS. My friend daughter's classmate who scored 261 was offered EESIS. Apparently the COP for EESIS is 261.

My son just called me that he was not given his choice of CCA. He is very disappointed. Most of his classmates have the same fate as him. :(
:thankyou: MJ2010

involvedparent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

bishan gay

Post by involvedparent » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 am

hi. chanced across this thread. my son is sec 1 SJI. noticed this guy eyeballing him 2 weeks ago. this week noticed same guy on the same bus (156). son was standing near bus exit door. this bishan gay guy when exiting bus came up to my son and blew air into my son's hair. scared the daylights out of him. today, my son noticed this guy from afar, and watched him at the RTC bus-stop but bishan gay guy did not take 3 consecutive bus and my son got worried that this guy is stalking him. called me from school that i had to go fetch him. what bishan gay does is his problem, but if he threatens our children, then something should be done.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mathsparks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

this bishan gay is so scary hor. heard he's got a facebook too with sec boys joining his friends listing. Is he mostly seen at the bus-stop only? or even the MRT?

Ykiasu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Ykiasu » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:56 pm

I saw him sitting in KFC J8 the last time. My DS pointed him out to me. Told him to stay away from Bishan gay. . .

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Ykiasu wrote:I saw him sitting in KFC J8 the last time. My DS pointed him out to me. Told him to stay away from Bishan gay. . .
This Bishan guy not interested in girls as in RI(JC) girls??? :?

SunnyBoy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

MEP and EESIS

Post by SunnyBoy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:15 pm

undestand MEP is a subsidised program. If a child takes MEP, and his PSLE points passed EESIS COP also, anybody know whether MOE will grant him both MEP subsidise and EESIS? thanks in advance.