Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mathsparks » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:09 pm

hi sunnyboy, why not just call up the office and ask them. I read somewhere that moe grants only 1 subsidy but not both...regardless eesis, mep, gep etc.

SunnyBoy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by SunnyBoy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:53 am

mathsparks wrote:hi sunnyboy, why not just call up the office and ask them. I read somewhere that moe grants only 1 subsidy but not both...regardless eesis, mep, gep etc.
thanks mathsparks.

Yesterday i met DP at RPA networking, but he was not clear about this issue also. will check with admin office on monday and share the information with you all.

edanson
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: MEP and EESIS

Post by edanson » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 am

SunnyBoy wrote:undestand MEP is a subsidised program. If a child takes MEP, and his PSLE points passed EESIS COP also, anybody know whether MOE will grant him both MEP subsidise and EESIS? thanks in advance.
Hi SunnyBoy,

Yes, that is what we were told. EESIS, RSP or GEP but the end result is you will still get one only. $2400 per year. Even if you get 2 or 3 of them, the balance $1200 will still not be included unless you apply for the finacial assistance.

Hope the above help.

How was the meeting yesterday? I was busy and did not attend. Was the P there too?

Any great news ? Are you also helping out in the school as in parent volunteer?

Edanson

SunnyBoy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by SunnyBoy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:51 pm

edanson wrote:Hi SunnyBoy,

Yes, that is what we were told. EESIS, RSP or GEP but the end result is you will still get one only. $2400 per year. Even if you get 2 or 3 of them, the balance $1200 will still not be included unless you apply for the finacial assistance.

Hope the above help.

How was the meeting yesterday? I was busy and did not attend. Was the P there too?

Any great news ? Are you also helping out in the school as in parent volunteer?

Edanson
the RPA networking is not bad, i met parents of my son's classmates and shared information.

DP for student development gave speech in the RPA session and answered questiones and concerns from parents, especially on group assignment and "Bishan Uncle".

edanson
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by edanson » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:04 pm

SunnyBoy wrote: the RPA networking is not bad, i met parents of my son's classmates and shared information.

DP for student development gave speech in the RPA session and answered questiones and concerns from parents, especially on group assignment and "Bishan Uncle".
Thanks SunnyBoy

Can share more in detail or you may pm me. Thanking you in advance.

Edanson

involvedparent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by involvedparent » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 pm

ks2me wrote:
Ykiasu wrote:I saw him sitting in KFC J8 the last time. My DS pointed him out to me. Told him to stay away from Bishan gay. . .
This Bishan guy not interested in girls as in RI(JC) girls??? :?
Don't think so. my daughter who's in RGS says they get a kick from watching this gay guy 'torture' the boys !

SunnyBoy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by SunnyBoy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:21 am

mathsparks wrote:hi sunnyboy, why not just call up the office and ask them. I read somewhere that moe grants only 1 subsidy but not both...regardless eesis, mep, gep etc.
I got reply from school saying the student can get one grant only.

VitoRelax
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by VitoRelax » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:14 am

With the recent A levels results out, which group did better overall, those from the IP group or those from the mainstream having done O level ?

Anyone knows ?

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by verykiasu2010 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:26 am

Has anyone made a comparison between HCI & RI and list down all the pros and cons for and against each school ?

xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by xxjustakidxx » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm

SunnyBoy wrote:
I got reply from school saying the student can get one grant only.
Gifted Education is not an elective programme, hence its free.