Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Re: Raffles Institution [*IP]

Post by PiggyLalala » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:32 pm

davos wrote:Does anyone know what time is the year 2 briefing on 1.2.12 (wed)?thanks.
Has anyone recieved the RI email on the year 2 briefing on 1 feb? I have not recieved though i recieved the text fr RI to check my email last friday. Anyone know what is the reporting time and place. thanks.

naggo-nitemare
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by naggo-nitemare » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:11 am

PiggyLalala wrote:
davos wrote:Does anyone know what time is the year 2 briefing on 1.2.12 (wed)?thanks.
Has anyone recieved the RI email on the year 2 briefing on 1 feb? I have not recieved though i recieved the text fr RI to check my email last friday. Anyone know what is the reporting time and place. thanks.
I just called the gen office. The yr 2 briefing this wed is 5.15pm to around 8 pm.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by PiggyLalala » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:29 am

naggo-nitemare wrote:
PiggyLalala wrote:
I just called the gen office. The yr 2 briefing this wed is 5.15pm to around 8 pm.
Thank you. What about the venue? Auditorium? Did RI know we did not receive the latest email about the briefing?

naggo-nitemare
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by naggo-nitemare » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 am

Hi! I called ri gen office again. Apparently, class briefing is held in the respective classes from 5.15-5:50PM tomorrow. The Year 2 Level briefing is held in the auditorium from 6PM-7ish PM. I informed the person tt not all of the parents are given this info, including myself.

Kiasu singaporean
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Kiasu singaporean » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:14 am

Does raffles institution offers SAT and AP tests in Year 6 for admissions into ivy league colleges?

friendship
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by friendship » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:29 am

Is RI school motto 'Sons of a Better Age'?

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by verykiasu2010 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 am

Kiasu singaporean wrote:Does raffles institution offers SAT and AP tests in Year 6 for admissions into ivy league colleges?
http://www.ri.edu.sg/main/schoolinfo/fo ... iadmission

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by verykiasu2010 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 am

friendship wrote:Is RI school motto 'Sons of a Better Age'?
Auspicium Melioris Aevi

When Sir Stamford Raffles founded Raffles Institution (RI) in 1823, he sought to establish a premier educational institution which would serve the country well. This vision for the school to be the Hope of a Better Age is encapsulated in the school's Latin motto, Auspicium Melioris Aevi.

http://www.ri.edu.sg/main/rafflestradition/vision

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by PiggyLalala » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 am

naggo-nitemare wrote:Hi! I called ri gen office again. Apparently, class briefing is held in the respective classes from 5.15-5:50PM tomorrow. The Year 2 Level briefing is held in the auditorium from 6PM-7ish PM. I informed the person tt not all of the parents are given this info, including myself.
:thankyou:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:100

Post by iFirefly » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
friendship wrote:Is RI school motto 'Sons of a Better Age'?
Auspicium Melioris Aevi

When Sir Stamford Raffles founded Raffles Institution (RI) in 1823, he sought to establish a premier educational institution which would serve the country well. This vision for the school to be the Hope of a Better Age is encapsulated in the school's Latin motto, Auspicium Melioris Aevi.

http://www.ri.edu.sg/main/rafflestradition/vision
Sir Stamford Raffles created the motto in Latin, or future generations of Rafflesians changed the motto to Latin? Afterall, Stamford Raffles was from England, so it made more sense for RI motto to be in English (easier to remember and pronounce), right?