Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
Post Reply
asingaporestudent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 28,
Total Likes:1

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by asingaporestudent » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:33 pm

porcupine12trade wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:45 pm
Hi,

Is there a level chat for y1 parents? thanks
To answer your question, yes there is.

dunma
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Dec 04,
Total Likes:1

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by dunma » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:55 pm

Ellybelly wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:35 pm
Hi parents,
Does anyone know how are the classes allocated? Is it all mixed? Are there DSA classes? Are there separate GEP classes and how many? Are MS boys mixed with the GEP or theres no more segregation?

Sorry for the questions 😅 cos I do not know anyone whose boy is in RI. Thank u!
Every year a slightly different. P or level head will introduce it.
In my kid’s y1, a-g is ms, h-l is GEP+ high psle score ms. Academic DSA students were not purposely allocated in same class.

Ellybelly
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 23,
Total Likes:2

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by Ellybelly » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:54 pm

dunma wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:55 pm
Ellybelly wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:35 pm
Hi parents,
Does anyone know how are the classes allocated? Is it all mixed? Are there DSA classes? Are there separate GEP classes and how many? Are MS boys mixed with the GEP or theres no more segregation?

Sorry for the questions 😅 cos I do not know anyone whose boy is in RI. Thank u!
Every year a slightly different. P or level head will introduce it.
In my kid’s y1, a-g is ms, h-l is GEP+ high psle score ms. Academic DSA students were not purposely allocated in same class.
Dunma

:thankyou:

minidach
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 28,

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by minidach » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:45 pm

May I know if we are allowed to drive into school for pick up once school is dismissed? Thank you

Beryeo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Aug 17,
Total Likes:1

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by Beryeo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:53 pm

What to bring on the first day of Sch Tmr for Y1? Anything to take note ?


dunma
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Dec 04,
Total Likes:1

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by dunma » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:56 pm

minidach wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:45 pm
May I know if we are allowed to drive into school for pick up once school is dismissed? Thank you
Yes, with the valid vehicle decal, which can be applied via Stamford 2-15 jan.

minidach
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 28,

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by minidach » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:42 pm

dunma wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:56 pm
minidach wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:45 pm
May I know if we are allowed to drive into school for pick up once school is dismissed? Thank you
Yes, with the valid vehicle decal, which can be applied via Stamford 2-15 jan.

Thank you. But in the interim period while waiting for decal, I suppose it’s ok for us to drive in too?

Koolmama
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon May 03,

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by Koolmama » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:04 am

Hihi!! Are there any parents of Y4 RI boys here, looking for English Lit tutor for their boy this year?? Pls PM me!! (My boy needs a friend to form a study group with - either on Friday or Sunday afternoons)

Thank you so much! :D

angelite
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 08,

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by angelite » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:12 pm

dunma wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:56 pm
minidach wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:45 pm
May I know if we are allowed to drive into school for pick up once school is dismissed? Thank you
Yes, with the valid vehicle decal, which can be applied via Stamford 2-15 jan.
Can't see the decal application when in Stamford. Can someone advise where to look out in Stamford? TIA!

steffi88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jun 25,

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by steffi88 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:35 pm


Post Reply