Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
steffi88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Raffles Institution (Year 1-4)

Post by steffi88 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:10 pm

Can the student's email account be linked to his handphone or does he have to log in to "Goto" before he can access his email?

springvinn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by springvinn » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:37 am

doesnt hv to go thro GOTO. simply login via Outlook

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:137

Post by iRabbit » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Read a Stamford announcement that promo from Y4 to Y5 requires GPA 2.0. Has it always been 2.0 or did the school relax it this year?

hazeline
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by hazeline » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:49 pm

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:100

Post by iFirefly » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:55 pm

PRESS RELEASES

February 27, 2020

One-Day Suspension of Classes and Activities at Raffles Institution and MOE Language Centre (Bishan)

1. As announced by the Ministry of Health (MOH) today, one of the new cases confirmed is a Year 1 student from Raffles Institution (RI) who has tested positive for COVID-19. He is linked to another confirmed case in his family. He became unwell on Friday, 21 February, and has been on medical leave and not been in school since.

2. In light of this, RI will be stepping up precautionary measures to protect its students and staff and prevent the spread of COVID-19. These measures include:

Suspension of school for Year 1 to 6 tomorrow, Friday, 28 February, to conduct a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the school premise. School will resume on Monday, 2 March 2020.

Issuance of a 14-day Leave of Absence (LOA) for students, teachers and staff who had recently come into contact with the student. Contact tracing is on-going.

Suspension of CCAs for Year 1 to 6 in RI for two weeks.

3. These measures will provide another layer of protection for RI, in addition to the earlier precautionary measures that MOE had announced for the entire school system. These earlier whole-system measures will limit exposure to the school community in the event that a school staff or student gets infected. They include:

Suspension of large group and communal activities such as assemblies, camps and mass celebrations
Staggering of recess times in schools.

Suspension of all external school activities, inter-school activities and Learning Journeys until the end of the March school holidays.

MEASURES FOR MOE LANGUAGE CENTRE (BISHAN)

4. As the student had attended a language class on Thursday, 20 February, at MOE Language Centre (Bishan), classes will also be suspended for one day, on Friday, 28 February, to conduct a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the school premise. Students, teachers and staff of the Language Centre who were in close contact with the student will be issued a 14-day LOA.

5. MOE will continue to monitor the situation closely, and work with students, parents and the community of the two institutions. We also urge all students and staff to continue practising good personal hygiene. This includes washing their hands frequently with soap, wearing a surgical mask if they have a cough or runny nose to prevent infecting others, and seeing a doctor if they are sick and returning to school only when fully recovered.

https://www.moe.gov.sg/news/press-relea ... tre-bishan

Luxedream
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:37

Post by Luxedream » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:07 am

Hi, may I know what are the subject combinations available for Y3-4? I understand most choose triple science. Is there any humanities subject that is compulsory? Thank you.

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Lynn2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:18 am

Luxedream wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:07 am
Hi, may I know what are the subject combinations available for Y3-4? I understand most choose triple science. Is there any humanities subject that is compulsory? Thank you.
Please check your pm

mamamiya
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by mamamiya » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi Parents,
Can anyone advise me on RA? What’s the purpose of it and is it very taxing? Do boys taking RA take the same exam as the rest of the cohort or is a separate paper? How many RA subjects can one take? My boy has an average GPA of 3.9.

coast
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:27

Post by coast » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:09 pm

mamamiya wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:40 pm
Hi Parents,
Can anyone advise me on RA? What’s the purpose of it and is it very taxing? Do boys taking RA take the same exam as the rest of the cohort or is a separate paper? How many RA subjects can one take? My boy has an average GPA of 3.9.
Students with exceptional talent who excel beyond the enrichment provided in specific subjects (that is, English Literature, Geography, History, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry or Physics) are offered an advanced
curriculum in the Raffles Academy (RA), a talent development programme for Year 3 and Year 4
students.

Many boys taking RA are doing well. It is important that they are self-motivated with a strong aptitude and passion for the RA subject.

Some papers are common (ie. same as RP) while some are RA papers.

At most 2 RA subjects.

coast
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:27

Post by coast » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Luxedream wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:07 am
Most boys choose Triple Science with Geography or History. Some choose Triple Science with Literature.

There are some who choose Double Science + Double Humanities. The Double Humanities cannot be History + Geography. Either Literature + Geography or Literature + History.

Do look out for school briefing (Y2 parents) for any latest changes.