Application for NUS/NTU Medicine 2020/2021

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
lunchmoney
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:6

Re: Application for NUS/NTU Medicine 2020/2021

Post by lunchmoney » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:48 pm

kibblesmoke wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm
Hi all, my DS was not offered a place in LKC. Disappointed especially since it has been a very long wait, but I'm sure he will be able to excel in another course.
With your continued encouragement and support, your intelligent and resilient son will thrive in his course. It is not necessarily a bad outcome.

Take some time to rest. All the best to you and your son.

Desmond Tang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:16

Post by Desmond Tang » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:31 pm

kibblesmoke wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm
Hi all, my DS was not offered a place in LKC. Disappointed especially since it has been a very long wait, but I'm sure he will be able to excel in another course.
Hi! Kibblesmoke,
No worry, you have good company. At least we know the wait was finally over.

If your DS is still passionate about medicine, he could still pursue a post-graduate MD at Duke-NUS after getting his degree or if he is serving NS, he can still try applying again next year via Aptitude Based Admissions. All roads lead to Rome and if there's a will there's a way.

Quotes that will inspire your DS on his next course of study: -
1 – “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pelé, Brazilian football legend.

2 – “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King, author.

May the future be peaceful, prosperous and joyful for all of us here and our childrens. See you soon, cheers and adios!

kibblesmoke
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by kibblesmoke » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Thank you lunchmoney & Desmond, really appreciate all your kind words :) My DS has decided to stick with what he has in NUS, maybe try for Duke in the years to come. Once again, thank you all for your kind words and encouragement, may the Lord bless us and our children!