Getting into ACS(I) year 5 (through O level track)

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Getting into ACS(I) year 5 (through O level track)

Postby unsureof » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Hello everyone.

I am a foreign student currently studying in a secondary school here, taking the GSCE O level next year. After O level, I have been wondering where to go next and have in mind to take IB (International Baccalaureate) in ACS(I).

However, a check of the ACS(I) website does not state how a O level student can get into the school at Year 5. It only states that it will administer tests (GAT, ENG, MATH) for prospective students (local and overseas) and this costs $300.

Also, foreign students, if admitted through this exam, need to pay a one-time fee of $4000.

1. So does ACS(I) actually admit students from the O level track? Do they bother about students' L1R5? is there such an admission procedure (through O level) in ACS(I)?
2. And if I am going into ACS(I) through this track, do I need to pay $4000, which is a huge sum.

Thank you in advance.

unsureof
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby autolycus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:20 pm

If you are taking the GCE O-levels, you need to look at the MOE website, on this page. Download the JAE Information Booklet. In section 3, you will find that you can apply to ACS(I) just like any other JC.

You will probably need an aggregate score of 5 or better, based on existing info and including bonus points.

International students need to pay at least $850 per month in fees. Look under school code 7001 in the booklet for more details.

=====

However, as a foreign student doing IGCSE or GCSE, you will need to take the entrance exam, which basically means ACS(I) can do anything they want to you. Note that the number of places is very small; they have 450+ places, and a majority of those are already taken by students moving up from Year 4.

autolycus
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees