Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
May I know what are the requirements to take certain subjects at JC level? For example, can one take H2 History when he only took Elective History at Secondary level? Thank you for any help rendered! =D
Nowadays, most schools do not require you to have taken a certain subject in secondary school before you can take H2 of that subject.
For those schools that still does, it is because the subject has an assumed knowledge.
H2 Mathematics; Assumed knowledge of Additional Mathematics
- Certain colleges enforce a pass in AMaths as requirement.
Assumed knowledge of Chemistry/Biology/Physics
- Certain colleges enforce a pass in PURE Chemistry/Biology/Physics
OR distinction in Combined Science
- Note Combined Science (Chem/Physics) not allowed for biology,
Combined Science (chem/bio) not allowed for physics etc.
Assumed knowledge of Core History in O levels
- NO schools enforce requirements.
Assumed talent in art, selection tests needed for almost all schools.
Equal to uni year 1 philosophy.
- MOST schools require you to score A1 in English, others minimum distinction (A2).