RI (RJC) - what's the intake each year?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

RI (RJC) - what's the intake each year?

Postby gladtobemom » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:14 am

How many students get into RI at JC level each year, who are not already in the IP at RI or RGS? In other words, what are the chances for 'outsiders' to get into RJC?

gladtobemom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: RI (RJC) - what's the intake each year?

Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:06 am

gladtobemom wrote:How many students get into RI at JC level each year, who are not already in the IP at RI or RGS? In other words, what are the chances for 'outsiders' to get into RJC?


RGS takes in 450 at Sec 1, so does RI, that makes 900 going to JC1, assuming no drop out. The number of graduates from JC 2 is about 1200

Hence the net addition is 300, but the actual could be lesser as some are scholars from Malaysia or China etc who are admitted between S1 to S4 outside the 900
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby gladtobemom » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:33 am

Thanks for that info. Now, must encourage my dd to work hard for her O levels. She's already quite stressed out, 'cos her aim is to get into RJC.

gladtobemom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby INNOVATE » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:59 am

gladtobemom wrote:Thanks for that info. Now, must encourage my dd to work hard for her O levels. She's already quite stressed out, 'cos her aim is to get into RJC.



Verykiasu2010, your figures are indeed accurate.

gladtobemum

To get into RI, your dd needs to score perfect 6 pts, including english and a humanities subject at A1. She needs to pass HMT and does well in her cca ie A1/A2. Cath high and ST Nicks provide alot of students each year.

Her nett score should be 6-2-2=2.

INNOVATE
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby gladtobemom » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Innovate, thanks for the advice. Today my dd will be getting her Normal Chinese O level result. Her result will determine if she can continue to do Higher Chinese, because she got 1 mark short of the pass mark for her school exam last year. Praying for the best.

gladtobemom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:46 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby koguma » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:25 pm

gladtobemom wrote:Thanks for that info. Now, must encourage my dd to work hard for her O levels. She's already quite stressed out, 'cos her aim is to get into RJC.


I am wondering, why does your dd wants to go RJC? Has she consider other JCs? Also, is it worth to create such amount of stress to herself?

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 1


Postby kevinL » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Read http://www.ri.edu.sg/main/rafflesnewsdetail/?id=52 before attempting to enter RI(JC).

kevinL
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:17 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby notsokiasu mum » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 pm

INNOVATE wrote:
gladtobemom wrote:Thanks for that info. Now, must encourage my dd to work hard for her O levels. She's already quite stressed out, 'cos her aim is to get into RJC.



Verykiasu2010, your figures are indeed accurate.

gladtobemum

To get into RI, your dd needs to score perfect 6 pts, including english and a humanities subject at A1. She needs to pass HMT and does well in her cca ie A1/A2. Cath high and ST Nicks provide alot of students each year.

Her nett score should be 6-2-2=2.


May I know is the COP for RIjc nett 2 points or can 3 pts have a chance? I have heard people saying 2 points but the moe website seems to state 3. In fact some people said that it is not enough just about having 2 pts from L1R5, it seems that your other subjects need to be good too? Can someone clarify?

notsokiasu mum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:41 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby INNOVATE » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 pm

notsokiasu mum wrote:
INNOVATE wrote:
gladtobemom wrote:Thanks for that info. Now, must encourage my dd to work hard for her O levels. She's already quite stressed out, 'cos her aim is to get into RJC.



Verykiasu2010, your figures are indeed accurate.

gladtobemum

To get into RI, your dd needs to score perfect 6 pts, including english and a humanities subject at A1. She needs to pass HMT and does well in her cca ie A1/A2. Cath high and ST Nicks provide alot of students each year.

Her nett score should be 6-2-2=2.


May I know is the COP for RIjc nett 2 points or can 3 pts have a chance? I have heard people saying 2 points but the moe website seems to state 3. In fact some people said that it is not enough just about having 2 pts from L1R5, it seems that your other subjects need to be good too? Can someone clarify?





Cop for top two is 2 with 3 being partial.

For entrance to RI 7-4 > 6-3. Must bare in mind that you need to have 4 bonus points to stand a chance. Never never place HCI as your second choice if your next preference is VJC. It will definately affect your chances going to VJ.

INNOVATE
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby spurred » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:50 am

INNOVATE wrote:
notsokiasu mum wrote:
INNOVATE wrote:
gladtobemom wrote:Thanks for that info. Now, must encourage my dd to work hard for her O levels. She's already quite stressed out, 'cos her aim is to get into RJC.



Verykiasu2010, your figures are indeed accurate.

gladtobemum

To get into RI, your dd needs to score perfect 6 pts, including english and a humanities subject at A1. She needs to pass HMT and does well in her cca ie A1/A2. Cath high and ST Nicks provide alot of students each year.

Her nett score should be 6-2-2=2.


May I know is the COP for RIjc nett 2 points or can 3 pts have a chance? I have heard people saying 2 points but the moe website seems to state 3. In fact some people said that it is not enough just about having 2 pts from L1R5, it seems that your other subjects need to be good too? Can someone clarify?





Cop for top two is 2 with 3 being partial.

For entrance to RI 7-4 > 6-3. Must bare in mind that you need to have 4 bonus points to stand a chance. Never never place HCI as your second choice if your next preference is VJC. It will definately affect your chances going to VJ.


1) What is meant by "partial cut-off point(s)"?
2) Why is it that for entrance to RI, 7-4 > 6-3?
3) Why will placing HCI as a second choice and VJC as a third choice affect my chances of getting into VJC?

spurred
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:35 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees