Networking Group - Meridian JC

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Networking Group - Meridian JC

Postby Ilovebeingkiasu » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 pm

HI all.
i just received my o levels results a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for my posting to a new college.
my results are okay with a score of 9.
i chose meridian junior college as my first choice as i'm living near the sch, with just a mere 10mins bus-ride to the school.
but the question is: is my choice correct? is it a good sch? is it comparable to good schools like tjc?
really appreciate your help, thanks! (:

Ilovebeingkiasu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cx12345 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

I would say that MJC is mid-tier, but it is definitely adding pressure to nearby "better" colleges like tjc and vjc. I heard that the teachers are more nurturing than the top tier colleges and that's why their A level results have been steadily improving these past few years.

I would say you've made a good choice! :)

cx12345
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Ilovebeingkiasu » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:08 pm

thank you!

Ilovebeingkiasu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: is mjc a good college?

Postby vanillabean » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:18 pm

MJC teachers are known to be good for their PW. Anyway, what i don't like is that they really spoon feed the students there with notes and answers compared to other JCs like VJC and TJC where the teachers let the students to discover the solutions themselves. Since you have made your choice to MJC, i would say you have made a good choice in terms of distance to the school. Distance is an important factor to consider when choosing a school. MJC is however, known to prepare students well for A levels as they will force the students and push them to study.

If i compare MJC and CJC, MJC is way better. However, TJC and VJC is still better than MJC. My 2 cents worth

vanillabean
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby FrekiWang » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Hard work>>Good JC

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Edureach » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:56 pm

FrekiWang wrote:Hard work>>Good JC

Share your sentiment. Is no use to be in HCI/RI and be pawned by someone from JJC/PJC/TPJC/YJC.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vanillabean » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Yes it's true that it's no use being in a top jc and be the last 1%. Every JC has their own % of top students who are able to pwn those in top jcs. But the culture of the jc matters too. MJ has good study culture, one would do well and be motivated to do so. Of cos one should choose a jc whereby the standard is suitable for his own. However, a JC of lower rank may
not have very good study cultures

vanillabean
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby 365psych » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:35 pm

MJC is not mid-tier. It is top 6. SAJC is mid-tier. (BTW I'm not affiliated with MJC - just keeping it real).

365psych
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby stetan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:18 pm

365psych wrote:MJC is not mid-tier. It is top 6. SAJC is mid-tier. (BTW I'm not affiliated with MJC - just keeping it real).

It's better than AJC /ACJC ?

Any proof on what you are saying ?

stetan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zhuge » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:26 pm

mjc has been the most outstanding in academic and cca amongst the newer jcs

Zhuge
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next