JC Posting Result 2010/2011

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

JC Posting Result 2010/2011

Postby tansm2010 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 am

Today is the posting result of JAE. goodluck!

tansm2010
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:31 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby tansm2010 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:40 am

what is cut-off for the various JCs ?

tansm2010
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:31 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby INNOVATE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 am

tansm2010 wrote:what is cut-off for the various JCs ?



Summary of our best 12 pre-university instituitions cop for yr 2011 in alphabetical order (excl DHS, RV, NUS High and SOTA) :

Anglo Chinese JC - 7 - 7
ACSI - 5 - 5
Anderson JC - 8- 10
Catholic JC - 10 - 11
Hwa Chong Inst. - 3 - 3
Meridian JC - 9 - 10
National JC - 5 - 5
Nanyang JC - 9 - 10
Raffles Inst. - 3 - 3
Saint Andrews JC - 9 - 9
Temasek JC - 6 - 7
Victoria JC - 4 - 5

INNOVATE
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby tansm2010 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 am

Where you get the info. dd fren 6 points(10-4) 1st choice TJ rejected and posted to MJ

tansm2010
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:31 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby INNOVATE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:25 am

tansm2010 wrote:Where you get the info. dd fren 6 points(10-4) 1st choice TJ rejected and posted to MJ



All cop are partial which explains why same nett score can be rejected.

INNOVATE
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby hesiew » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 am

My dd friend, an Indonesian scholar, got 8-4 but did not get 1st choice ACJC. Do u know why?

hesiew
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby INNOVATE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:41 am

hesiew wrote:My dd friend, an Indonesian scholar, got 8-4 but did not get 1st choice ACJC. Do u know why?



All foreign scholars are evaluated differently from our locals and prs. The formers have to meet certain strict criteria for entry to well known jcs.

INNOVATE
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby phankao » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 pm

INNOVATE wrote:
tansm2010 wrote:Where you get the info. dd fren 6 points(10-4) 1st choice TJ rejected and posted to MJ



All cop are partial which explains why same nett score can be rejected.


What does it mean by "partial"?

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Total Likes: 6


Postby zeemimi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:59 pm

INNOVATE wrote:
tansm2010 wrote:what is cut-off for the various JCs ?



Summary of our best 12 pre-university instituitions cop for yr 2011 in alphabetical order (excl DHS, RV, NUS High and SOTA) :

Anglo Chinese JC - 7 - 7
ACSI - 5 - 5
Anderson JC - 8- 10
Catholic JC - 10 - 11
Hwa Chong Inst. - 3 - 3
Meridian JC - 9 - 10
National JC - 5 - 5
Nanyang JC - 9 - 10
Raffles Inst. - 3 - 3
Saint Andrews JC - 9 - 9
Temasek JC - 6 - 7
Victoria JC - 4 - 5


Like that means almost all those above 10 points cannot get into good JC? What JCs are left for those >10 points? :shock:
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Total Likes: 44


Postby INNOVATE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:03 pm

phankao


In this context, the word 'partial' means a proportion of those with similar score gets in. That's why students need to ensure that they meet the preceeding year cop before placing the school as top option.

Top students must decide between RI and HCI.

INNOVATE
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees