Switch from HCI to RI in YR 5

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Switch from HCI to RI in YR 5

Postby naggo-nitemare » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 am

I am asked to post these questions by a friend whose son is considering a switch from HCI to RI in year 5.

Does any kiasuparents' kids have had such an experience? My friend would like to know more from u about the various issues involved like peer responses from the old school and new school, and how is the adjustment like coping with the different school systems. via personal messages preferred. Tks.

naggo-nitemare
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Switch from HCI to RI in YR 5

Postby whitecorp » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Why even do such a thing?

whitecorp
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby angell » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:31 pm

naggo-nitemare wrote:I am asked to post these questions by a friend whose son is considering a switch from HCI to RI in year 5.

Does any kiasuparents' kids have had such an experience? My friend would like to know more from u about the various issues involved like peer responses from the old school and new school, and how is the adjustment like coping with the different school systems. via personal messages preferred. Tks.

Hi,

I do not personally know of anyone who switched from HCI to RI but according to my dd, there are many who joined RI in Yr 5 from non IP schools, that is, they enter with their O level results. Those she knows have no problem settling in, those who were from RI and RGS do not ostracise them. In fact, there are a number who are voted into the council or exco in their CCAs too. Many also get into the RA.

angell
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby naggo-nitemare » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Tks Angell. I'll pass ur feedback to my friend.

naggo-nitemare
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby angell » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:00 pm

naggo-nitemare wrote:Tks Angell. I'll pass ur feedback to my friend.

:welcome:

angell
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees