Helping my girl to JC

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Helping my girl to JC

Postby ksp88 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:20 am

Her O Level results:
English A1
Chinese A1
Bio A1
Chem A2
Maths A2
AMaths A1
Lit English A1
Combined Humanities A1
can minus 4 bonus (CCA+HMTL).

1) What subjects combi?
Although she is more towards Art, she thinks Science will give her more options later. Maybe BCM-H2 & KI,Lit or Econ ?

2) RI/HCI or VJ. Not sure if she even got chance since her Chem & Maths both not very strong. She's also worrying about the culture in RI and not able to cope with the pace there. Is HCI a friendlier environment?

Any comments/advise would be appreciated.
Thanks!

@Hougang

ksp88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Helping my girl to JC

Postby Edureach » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:51 am

ksp88 wrote:Her O Level results:
English A1
Chinese A1
Bio A1
Chem A2
Maths A2
AMaths A1
Lit English A1
Combined Humanities A1
can minus 4 bonus (CCA+HMTL).

1) What subjects combi?
Although she is more towards Art, she thinks Science will give her more options later. Maybe BCM-H2 & KI,Lit or Econ ?

2) RI/HCI or VJ. Not sure if she even got chance since her Chem & Maths both not very strong. She's also worrying about the culture in RI and not able to cope with the pace there. Is HCI a friendlier environment?

Any comments/advise would be appreciated.
Thanks!

@Hougang

Like her results! Think she is gd in maths but not meticulous. To maximise her options later since she is a well-balanced student, suggest drop KI and opt for GP instead.

She qualifies for admittance to RI/HCI and both are tops so difficult to recommend. Suggest go by distance.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ksp88 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Thank you for your input Edureach. Will reconsider KI.

My girl chose culture over prestige, facilities, distance ... HCI felt like home, VJ looked fun. Still she didn't want to miss the chance if given the choice, so RJ's 2nd.

Thanks again!

ksp88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby 365psych » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:18 am

You are wasting your options by placing RJ as second choice. HCI ok, but you may want to consider NJC as it is a more nurturing school.

365psych
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees