Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 level?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 level?

Postby ooptimizer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 am

Hi,
Need you help here - Does anybody know which JC offers Maths, Physics and English Literature at H2 level?

The last subect at H1 level my child can choose from Econs, CSE, etc.

Thank you if you know which JC offers the above combination!

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 le

Postby Edureach » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:30 am

ooptimizer wrote:Hi,
Need you help here - Does anybody know which JC offers Maths, Physics and English Literature at H2 level?

The last subect at H1 level my child can choose from Econs, CSE, etc.

Thank you if you know which JC offers the above combination!


Almost all jcs hve the subject combi u want. No worries.

You got it right regarding the H1 subject.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 le

Postby koguma » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 am

Edureach wrote:
ooptimizer wrote:Hi,
Need you help here - Does anybody know which JC offers Maths, Physics and English Literature at H2 level?

The last subect at H1 level my child can choose from Econs, CSE, etc.

Thank you if you know which JC offers the above combination!


Almost all jcs hve the subject combi u want. No worries.

You got it right regarding the H1 subject.


It depends on how many students will take the same combination as you. If you are the only one in the whole cohort or only a handful taking this combination, i doubt the school will open a class for you. You need to check with the schools how they handle students with odd combination.

From AJC website, the school offers H2 for Math, Chem, Eng Lit and H1 in either Econ or Hist.

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 le

Postby ooptimizer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Sorry, one more question. If my child wants to take Maths, Physics and Eng Lit at H2 level, is this considered a Science or Arts combination?

Reason I asked is because in the JAE application, they asked to to choose Science or Arts, and they are are counted as separate choices.

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 le

Postby Edureach » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:08 pm

ooptimizer wrote:Sorry, one more question. If my child wants to take Maths, Physics and Eng Lit at H2 level, is this considered a Science or Arts combination?

Reason I asked is because in the JAE application, they asked to to choose Science or Arts, and they are are counted as separate choices.


It's science stream as long as u hve two science subjects taken at H2.

One more tip for u, if travelling is not a problem, opt for AJC, as is the best tier-2 jc to undertake this assignment.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:44 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 le

Postby ooptimizer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:12 pm

OK, thank you to everyone who answered. I will ask my child to consider!

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 le

Postby FrekiWang » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 am

Science Stream: 3 Science + 1 Art
Art Stream: 3 Humanities + 1 Maths
Hybrid Stream: Maths + one science + 2 H2 humanities subjects.

In most of the JC, if you wish to go for hybrid stream, the 2 humanities subjects must be H2, which means you are to take 4 H2 subjects if you intend to take maths and physics at H2 level. There is always a minimum requirement for a student to take 4H2s instead of 3H2s+1H1 in any JC, so make sure you check out the relevant infomation on that first before you opted for that JC.

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 le

Postby ooptimizer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 am

But there is no Hybrid Course in the JAE application - the only course in JAE is either Science or Arts.

So does this mean you can enter the JC by Arts course (usually the Arts cutoff point is higher, ie. easier to enter) and then switch to Hybrid course (or even Science course) once you enter the JC?

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 le

Postby Edureach » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:36 pm

ooptimizer wrote:But there is no Hybrid Course in the JAE application - the only course in JAE is either Science or Arts.

So does this mean you can enter the JC by Arts course (usually the Arts cutoff point is higher, ie. easier to enter) and then switch to Hybrid course (or even Science course) once you enter the JC?



As long as yr H2 content includes maths and 1 science is considered as science stream.

U cannot transfer from arts to science!

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Which JC offer Maths, Physics and EngLiterature at H2 le

Postby FrekiWang » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:36 pm

ooptimizer wrote:But there is no Hybrid Course in the JAE application - the only course in JAE is either Science or Arts.

So does this mean you can enter the JC by Arts course (usually the Arts cutoff point is higher, ie. easier to enter) and then switch to Hybrid course (or even Science course) once you enter the JC?


Minimum requirement for Science Stream Students:

1 Maths + 2 Science Subjects(either 3H2 or 2H2+1H1)

Minimum requirement for Art Stream Students:

2 Humanities subject at H2 Level

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Total Likes: 0



Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees