JAE 2012 NJC OR AJC URGENT!

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

JAE 2012 NJC OR AJC URGENT!

Postby Xinfinity16X » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:56 pm

My L1R5 is 7 points with only 2 bonus cca points, making it 5 points.
Now i wonder if i should get into NJC or AJC.
My consideration are as follow:

AJC is just 20 minutes away as i live in Yishun, convenient and good academics at the same time. Many of my friends are also applying to AJC.

NJC has a better academic result but is very far, around an hour of commuting. It seemed to be more academic oriented, which in this case i meant that there is not much other activities in the school or socializing around. So if my friends are not going, it would be dull too.

Any advice??? Help i need this tomorrow!

Thank you all! :smile:

Xinfinity16X
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: JAE 2012 NJC OR AJC URGENT!

Postby contact12 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:27 pm

If I were you, I would choose AJC. This is ancedotal but my observation of NJC students is that they have no life other then studies :smile: . You will also be placed in separate classes from the IP students and there is a perception (but not necessarily true) of a difference in treatment between IP and non-IP students. AJC students also need to study very hard, but all the JC1s start with a clean slate.

contact12
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby take_that » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:35 pm

I recommend AJC. It's true that NJC is a better JC but don't waste your time getting to school everyday.
Honestly, AJ is quite a boring school. NJ and AJ both are, but I've only been to one so I can't tell you which is more boring.
But AJ is not a bad choice if you live nearby, besides you might have better chances of winning scholarships, topping the exams etc in AJ than in NJ.

take_that
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Crester » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 am

take_that wrote:I recommend AJC. It's true that NJC is a better JC but don't waste your time getting to school everyday.
Honestly, AJ is quite a boring school. NJ and AJ both are, but I've only been to one so I can't tell you which is more boring.
But AJ is not a bad choice if you live nearby, besides you might have better chances of winning scholarships, topping the exams etc in AJ than in NJ.

Hi,
May I know if ACJC or AJC is better?
COP for ACJC is 6 while AJC IS 8.
But there's affiliation point for ACJC ,that's why it's COP is 6.
AJC has a more humble sch culture compared to ACJC. Any feedback abt these 2 JC?

Crester
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MandyMummy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Crester wrote:
take_that wrote:I recommend AJC. It's true that NJC is a better JC but don't waste your time getting to school everyday.

Hi,
AJC has a more humble sch culture compared to ACJC. Any feedback abt these 2 JC?

ACJC has more distractions (fun fair, drama) than AJC but it's part of ACJC's culture. AJC is more focused. You may want to consider that.

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Crester » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 pm

MandyMummy wrote:
Crester wrote:

Hi,

ACJC has more distractions (fun fair, drama) than AJC but it's part of ACJC's culture. AJC is more focused. You may want to consider that.

Yes, u are right. More distractions in ACJC.
How abt in terms of academics std? Which JC is stronger. COP of ACJC is lower, I feel it's due to its affiliation points with its several feeder Sec Schools. I may be wrong. Correct?
Any AJCian OR ACJCian or parents whose kids in these 2 JC care to share abt their JC ?
Tks.

Crester
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Crester » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Thank you for sharing yr views parents.

Crester
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phankao » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 pm

NJC is boring? Not from what my boy is doing it seems! It's really play hard and still need to work hard also. But he's not in JC section yet.

AJC boring? It might seem so. My girl has fun there with her CCA though. But academics is really tough. They really set the bar high.

I would personally go for the distance. Closer better. For us, can walk to the school. But for the boy - NJC's very full-programme is really his cup-of-tea.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Crester » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:00 am

phankao wrote:

NJC is boring? Not from what my boy is doing it seems! It's really play hard and still need to work hard also. But he's not in JC section yet.

AJC boring? It might seem so. My girl has fun there with her CCA though. But academics is really tough. They really set the bar high.

I would personally go for the distance. Closer better. For us, can walk to the school. But for the boy - NJC's very full-programme is really his cup-of-tea.

Phankao,
Yr girl is in AJC ah?
Pls share with us life in AJC like teachers,students types and u know how did sch perform for its 'A' levels ?
-% of distinctions for 3 H2....
Tks.

Crester
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phankao » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:10 am

Crester wrote:Pls share with us life in AJC like teachers,students types and u know how did sch perform for its 'A' levels ?
-% of distinctions for 3 H2....
Tks.

I wish I knew. It's not on the school website, and my girl says she doesn't know. So, unless I ask the teachers/school......

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees