SAJC Better or NYJC???

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

SAJC Better or NYJC???

Postby Hey hey » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:53 am

Hey pls comments. Thks.

Hey hey
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: SAJC Better or NYJC???

Postby tkbd » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:21 pm

NYJC. It's more value added.

tkbd
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Hey hey » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:29 pm

What do u mean by more value added?

Hey hey
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tkbd » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Hey hey wrote:What do u mean by more value added?

NYJC has been receiving lots of awards from MOE recently. Value added means the school is putting in more resources for education and has been making lots of improvements academically. NYJC received gold value-added in 2010 (only 2 JCs got it) and in 2011 the JC received silver. They also received School Distinction Awards and some other big awards.

Both SAJC and NYJC have good facilities and a huge campus, culture wise both quite lively. But accessibility wise, NYJC is more accessible because the MRT station is right beside it - which is a big factor if you want to save travelling time.

Are you intending to go for Science or Arts stream?

tkbd
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Hey hey » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 pm

I am entering the science stream. Nett score 8 raw12 pts. Gt chance?

Hey hey
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tkbd » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Hey hey wrote:I am entering the science stream. Nett score 8 raw12 pts. Gt chance?

High chance you'll enter NYJC if you apply. SAJC too.

tkbd
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Hey hey » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Hey Thks for yr advice bt I am considering Anderson too. But is my chance high coz the COP tis year is 8 pts and y nett score jus meet the mark.

Hey hey
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ugoh » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Can try. AJC first choice. NYJC second, SAJC third.

ugoh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tkbd » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey hey wrote:Hey Thks for yr advice bt I am considering Anderson too. But is my chance high coz the COP tis year is 8 pts and y nett score jus meet the mark.

Well, you can try placing Anderson as 1st choice and then 'play safe' by placing NYJC/SAJC as 2nd choice (because it's almost sure you'll get into at least NYJC/SAJC)

No one knows for sure what the COP for 2012 will be. It really depends on the performance of the school in the past year and how many students applied for the JC during the 2011 JAE. If the school was hot in demand last year and made improvements, the COP will go down. I'm not sure about AJC's performance in recent years but I do know it's much stronger in the Sciences than Arts stream - albeit an old campus and limited facilities. Just be prepared you may not get into AJC since the COP might change.

But if you're one who just wants to concentrate on your studies and not care about not having other non-academic activities, then you should really consider AJC too.

tkbd
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Hey hey » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Really Thks a lot. Is economics a difficult subject?coz I am thinking of taking it as a contrasting subject.

Hey hey
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees