How to prepare for the KI test?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

How to prepare for the KI test?

Postby mintymint » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi all,

I'll be J1 soon (waiting for posting results) and I'm interested in taking KI as a subject in JC. I heard that to sort of 'qualify' and see if you're suitable to take KI, one would have to take a certain written test or something to determine our standards. (also heard that even if you didn't do well for it, you're still able to take KI, just that doing so won't be advisable). So does anyone know if there's a way to prep yourself for this test? (Rather, is there some researching I should do to broaden my perspectives and improve my critical thinking?) Also, what kind of questions are asked during that test? Thanks in advance! (:

mintymint
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: How to prepare for the KI test?

Postby crystalskyes » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:54 pm

What did you get for EL for O levels?
If it is anything worse than an A1, I wouldn't suggest KI.
GP from what I hear is difficult enough.
I believe you can't take KI until your grades are deemed suitable for moving to KI.

crystalskyes
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mintymint » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:57 pm

I got an A1 for English. Yep I've heard horror stories about KI, but some seniors have said that there are people who just drop to GP in J2 since they couldn't handle KI. Is that a bad thing since GP's just the 'norm'?

mintymint
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby crystalskyes » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Pretty much... :/
JC is going to be quite hell-like.
I wonder which JC are you aiming for?

crystalskyes
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby FrekiWang » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:24 pm

mintymint wrote:I got an A1 for English. Yep I've heard horror stories about KI, but some seniors have said that there are people who just drop to GP in J2 since they couldn't handle KI. Is that a bad thing since GP's just the 'norm'?

Do not do any special preparation for the KI test, showing your true colour will do. In case that you fail the test, it means you are not suitable to take KI and will be struggling along the way even they allow you to take.

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby 365psych » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:55 pm

I can tell you that the number of pple in RI taking KI is between 20-28. And even they have problems with it. One issue is critical analysis and being able to apply theories of arguments and fallacies.

365psych
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees