Your Opinions on H2 History/Geog?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Your Opinions on H2 History/Geog?

Postby Gintoki » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi all,

What are your opinions on H2 History and H2 Geog? I actually feel that H2 Econs is more practical in society but I don't seem to have an interest in economics; tried reading economic-related articles in ST/online but to no avail. So, I am considering either H2 History or H2 Geography.

Also, if I study H2 History or H2 Geog, what kind of career opportunities do you think will be available for me? (for example, which local university courses actually consider good grades in H2 History/H2 Geog as a prerequisite?)
Last edited by Gintoki on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gintoki
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Your Opinions on H2 History/Geog?

Postby 365psych » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:06 am

H2 History can be taxing and there is a lot of material to cover. H2 Geog is more manageable, and you learn things that are applicable to GP/KI, eg social migration, urban excess, etc.

Dunno what career opportunities you talking about ? You mean with A Level cert and with focus in History or Geog? Washing cars, working at McD, distribute flyers, drive taxi...plenty of career opp.

If you alluded to prospects in Uni, then Arts & Soc Science will welcome you.

365psych
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Gintoki » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:09 am

365psych wrote:Dunno what career opportunities you talking about ? You mean with A Level cert and with focus in History or Geog? Washing cars, working at McD, distribute flyers, drive taxi...plenty of career opp.

Haha....I should've made myself clearer. I meant to know which local university courses actually consider good grades in H2 History/H2 Geog as a prerequisite and from there, I can sorta know what career prospects I will have in the future.

Btw, does H2 Geog have content related to Physical Geog?

Gintoki
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby FrekiWang » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Gintoki wrote:
365psych wrote:Dunno what career opportunities you talking about ? You mean with A Level cert and with focus in History or Geog? Washing cars, working at McD, distribute flyers, drive taxi...plenty of career opp.

Haha....I should've made myself clearer. I meant to know which local university courses actually consider good grades in H2 History/H2 Geog as a prerequisite and from there, I can sorta know what career prospects I will have in the future.

Btw, does H2 Geog have content related to Physical Geog?

Go to NUS/NTU/SMU website, you can find the pre-requisite for most of the undergraduate courses.

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mensch » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi Gintoki. Is it that the rest of your subjects are science and math and you're choosing between History / Geog / Econs as your contrasting subject? If that's the case, you should probably just go with whichever subject you have the most interest in.

And yes, H2 Geog definitely has physical geog in it. Don't know whether that's good or bad news for you :)

mensch
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Gintoki » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 am

FrekiWang wrote:Go to NUS/NTU/SMU website, you can find the pre-requisite for most of the undergraduate courses.

Ok, thanks for the advice.

mensch wrote:Hi Gintoki. Is it that the rest of your subjects are science and math and you're choosing between History / Geog / Econs as your contrasting subject? If that's the case, you should probably just go with whichever subject you have the most interest in.

And yes, H2 Geog definitely has physical geog in it. Don't know whether that's good or bad news for you :)

Yep I am planning to take H2 Math, Chem, Physics and I am just stuck at which to choose for the contrasting subject. Well its bad news since I dislike physical geog :wink:

Oh well I guess I will just visit a bookstore, study H2 Hist/Geog/Econ TBs and see if I am enlightened

Gintoki
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Jfalk » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Don't think any subjects in U require either H2 History or Geog. Ideally should choose based on preference. Choose the former if you are good in writing/interest in world affairs or politics, it would definitely be better than Geog. The latter is more muggable and probably more simple though.

Jfalk
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ITA123 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi.
anyone has a GEO JC teacher to recommend. I am looking for one. Please pm me soon. Thank you

ITA123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees