How to transfer/appeal after JAE period? [URGENT!]

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

How to transfer/appeal after JAE period? [URGENT!]

Postby chocolate_muffin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:06 pm

I don't have a JC aggregate printed on my form A, so I thought that I stand no chance for going into a JC, so I chose MI and I'm a MI student now (for 1 month). However, only until yesterday that I found out that actually I got EXACTLY 20 points for L1R5 after deducting 2 points of HMT and 1 point of CCA. So, I decided that I want to transfer/appeal to IJC, but the office lady told me that they don't accept any transfer student from other colleges! Omg how? There is finally hope for me to enter JC but she just say NO to me like that! She also said that if I try to transfer during the JAE period, i might be accepted by them! HOW HOW HOW? This is really important to me, I really want to enter IJC! I want a 2-year A level course intead of 3-year!

Please...anyone can help me? Please tell me what I can do :cry:

chocolate_muffin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: How to transfer/appeal after JAE period? [URGENT!]

Postby koguma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:43 pm

chocolate_muffin wrote:I don't have a JC aggregate printed on my form A, so I thought that I stand no chance for going into a JC, so I chose MI and I'm a MI student now (for 1 month). However, only until yesterday that I found out that actually I got EXACTLY 20 points for L1R5 after deducting 2 points of HMT and 1 point of CCA. So, I decided that I want to transfer/appeal to IJC, but the office lady told me that they don't accept any transfer student from other colleges! Omg how? There is finally hope for me to enter JC but she just say NO to me like that! She also said that if I try to transfer during the JAE period, i might be accepted by them! HOW HOW HOW? This is really important to me, I really want to enter IJC! I want a 2-year A level course intead of 3-year!

Please...anyone can help me? Please tell me what I can do :cry:

How come you get to know your actual score now? Did MOE told you or MI's principal/teachers told you? Can the person be trusted?

I recalled my nephew received a form which indicate his aggregate score for JC/MI and the ELR2B2 : For Polytechnic Courses. Did you receive this form? Did you check that there is no mentioning of you eligible for JC programme? If it is not indicated, then you has a case to demand MOE to allow you to transfer to a JC since it is an error created by them.

However, if it is you who misread the form, then it is difficult for you to switch school. If you really want to go IJC, talk to the Principal and not to the office lady. Go to the school to show your sincerity.

Otherwise call MOE and seek their advice. Perhaps you can consider Yishun JC.

BTW, be prepared for "nasty" questions from Principal like how come you don't know how to compute your own score ! Frankly, I am surprise that you make such a silly mistake in not knowing your own score.

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MandyMummy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

The max L1R5 score for JC admission is 20. Is that score before or after bonus points? All along I thought it was before.

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby koguma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:44 pm

MandyMummy wrote:The max L1R5 score for JC admission is 20. Is that score before or after bonus points? All along I thought it was before.

According to the JAE 2012 Information booklet (pg 37), Aggregate Range for L1R5 does not includes bonus points.
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... e-info.pdf

When I helped my nephew choose his courses in Poly, I will deduct the bonus points from his aggregate score. I thought this is the correct way?

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby koguma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:49 pm

MandyMummy wrote:The max L1R5 score for JC admission is 20. Is that score before or after bonus points? All along I thought it was before.

I think MandyMummy is right. chocolate_muffin, you should check with MOE whether you are eligible for a JC programme. Good Luck.

According to a sec school website, for entry to Junior College :
•L1R5 must be ≤ 20 (without CCA)
•Subject Components
L1 - English / Higher MT
R1 - Humanities
R2 - Math / Science
R3 - Humanities / Math / Science
R4 & 5 - 2 remaining subjects (excluding CCA & RK)

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees