After IB program, where next???

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

After IB program, where next???

Postby leedd19 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Can anyone advise me if my child goes through the IB program, where does he go next? Local uni or must be overseas uni? How many points must he at least achieve?

leedd19
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: After IB program, where next???

Postby twilight » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Local unis accept IB too, but the thing is because the bulk of students taking IB come from ACSI, and many score from 41-45, it skews the entry requirements quite a bit, such that the minimum requirement is actually quite high, about like above 40 points for NUS business. For overseas uni, the minimum requirement is slightly lower, about 38 points to study economics at LSE. The figures were off my head, so I'm not sure if I remember it correctly.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby darkraivscresselia » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 pm

try ivy league. they like ib students.

darkraivscresselia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby emoh » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:12 pm

emoh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby plc » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 am

IB program is recognised worldwide. Local unis, min about 35 points & depending on the program. Go to local/overseas Uni talks, and will be more informed on the acceptance points, or check ucas.com.uk (i think) for the different uni min pt acceptance. About 40, easily accepted by the top Uni.

All the best.

plc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees