Which path to choose?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Which path to choose?

Postby mezier » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:03 pm

I am finishing my O levels soon this week but I have no idea whether to go poly or JC. I want to study radiography and not sure which path I should go. If I go poly, I can study radiography in a private university but it's very costly. If I go JC, then after A levels can get a diploma in radiography from NYP and then go overseas upgrade to a degree in 1 year. But it's also expensive to study overseas but I guess it's still cheaper than the one in Singapore.

I've always wanted to go poly but after knowing that the course for radiography in university is about $75k, I'm not sure if I should go JC or not. I know very well that my parents can't afford so much..... But I'm worried if I don't score well for A levels, I'll have nothing to fall back upon....

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

mezier
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Which path to choose?

Postby mummy so kiasu » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Can you go to poly to do a diploma & get scholarship from the hospital for your degree?

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mezier » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 pm

mummy so kiasu wrote:Can you go to poly to do a diploma & get scholarship from the hospital for your degree?

I've checked. The scholarships hospitals like SGH are only for certain Diploma courses. And those diploma courses requires A levels.

mezier
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jen.95 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 am

In my opinion, you should take A level then go to NYP as what you already know.

jen.95
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees