Russian Medical Degree

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Russian Medical Degree

Postby Valerie Teoh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi!

I've just finished my O level abt 2 months ago and got accepted into a JC (DSA).
But my parents actually arranged me to further my studies in Russia: First Moscow State Medical University (FMSMU).
It will be 6 years + 1 year (Foundation).
But I was also told that Singapore does not recognise Russian Medical Degree.
What can I do>.< ??

Valerie Teoh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Russian Medical Degree

Postby mamakata » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:52 am

Valerie Teoh wrote:Hi!

I've just finished my O level abt 2 months ago and got accepted into a JC (DSA).
But my parents actually arranged me to further my studies in Russia: First Moscow State Medical University (FMSMU).
It will be 6 years + 1 year (Foundation).
But I was also told that Singapore does not recognise Russian Medical Degree.
What can I do>.< ??

Valerie, in case your parents are unaware, you should let them know that the Russian medical degree will not be recognised in Spore. The SPore Medical Council's website has a list of foreign qualifications that are recognised, and they should choose one of those. They may be wasting money and 7 years of your life if you get a non recognised qualification.

mamakata
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Russian Medical Degree

Postby phtthp » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:59 am

Valerie,

you may direct your parents come here, KSP forum.

below is a list of universities offering Medical degree which SG recognize, listed by SG Medical Council :-

http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/c ... ations.pdf

http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/c ... mc/en.html

for any queries on universities recognised by the Council, please email SMC Secretariat at enquiries@smc.gov.sg

mamakata is right!
do not waste your 7 years' precious time and lots of $, studying one in Russia - Not recognized by our Singapore Medical council.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees