MCAT(Medical College Admission Test)

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

MCAT(Medical College Admission Test)

Postby catcathmt » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi all,
I'm currently a Uni student. I am planning to take MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) next year (2013) June, upon my graduation, so as to gain entrance to Duke-NUS. However, I'm having a hard time finding MCAT reference books in Singapore. I had visited Bras Basah, Kinokuniya, Popular, Times, MPH, NUS medical library and even community libraries but none of these have MCAT reference books. I thought of getting the books online but most of them are rather expensive not only because they are charging in US dollars but I will have to pay for the shipping too. Therefore, I wanted to get the books in Singapore and does anyone know where can I get these reference books? Thank you very much.

catcathmt
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: MCAT(Medical College Admission Test)

Postby CayennePepper » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi
I think you're going to have to buy them from US sites. As far as I know, the relevant resources are not readily available here commercially.
The med library should have some MCAT prep titles... :scratchhead:
Have fun with the MCAT :)

CayennePepper
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bobbielu » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 am

hello, have pm-ed you. I have some MCAT books for sale in singapore :)
bobbielu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby 365psych » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:19 pm

If you want softcopy, email me. I give. Free. No joke.

365psych
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lee7stc » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:16 am

It is difficult to borrow books on it. But you may want to try contacting Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School to borrow some of the MCAT books to help you prepare for the MCAT papers.

Some information on MCAT and how it is a part of the admissions into the MD or MD/PhD programs are provided on their site: MCAT :salute:

lee7stc
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Dr.Daniel » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:55 pm

I am one of the authors of the Barron's MCAT test Prep book. We have a bunch of them here at Daniel Milton Education tuition center. I sell them at a discount to the store prices. You can PM me for the location.

It was fun writing the book. I used to teach a lot of pre-med students when I taught University Physics in the USA. Actually I was just reviewing some student feedback on the book. The good thing about Barron's is they are diligent about responding to student feedback and improving the book. We just published the most recent edition of it for the new version of the MCAT.

This is a link to the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Barrons-New-MCAT-CD-ROM-Mcat/dp/1438074557/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426150166&sr=8-1&keywords=barron%27s+mcat

Dr.Daniel
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees