about jc's locations.. :(

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

about jc's locations.. :(

Postby beezlebubz » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm

hello forumers. i live far away from every jc and there's no direct bus to any of them within walking distance. That means i probably have to take mrt+bus or bus+bus switchings in the early morning and after school, both times when im confirm super tired...Does anyone face the same problem as me? Is buying a car the only way? :( How i wish i can live at the hostel or have a school bus to pick me up like in pri sch...i've personally experienced how tiring it is to keep switching transportation in secondary school and was hoping for a change in JC, but no such luck apparently. How do you cope with such an issue? especially when you have to go home in the evening now and squeeze with people on the public transport :nosebleed:

beezlebubz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: about jc's locations.. :(

Postby Dreamgear » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:26 pm

beezlebubz wrote:hello forumers. i live far away from every jc and there's no direct bus to any of them within walking distance. That means i probably have to take mrt+bus or bus+bus switchings in the early morning and after school, both times when im confirm super tired...Does anyone face the same problem as me? Is buying a car the only way? :( How i wish i can live at the hostel or have a school bus to pick me up like in pri sch...i've personally experienced how tiring it is to keep switching transportation in secondary school and was hoping for a change in JC, but no such luck apparently. How do you cope with such an issue? especially when you have to go home in the evening now and squeeze with people on the public transport :nosebleed:


Where is this place?

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 am
Total Likes: 11


Re: about jc's locations.. :(

Postby beezlebubz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:54 pm

somewhere la aiyo does it matter where i live,

beezlebubz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: about jc's locations.. :(

Postby alng » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:59 pm

I thought most students will have to take feeder bus + MRT + bus or feeder bus + bus to their schools. The adults are doing the same to go to work too.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:27 pm
Total Likes: 36


Re: about jc's locations.. :(

Postby beezlebubz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:36 pm

i didnt know damit lol. excuse my ignorance my social circle is miserably tiny; all my friends either live near the school, have car or have direct bus. oh damm i estimate need 1hour to and fro school again *sigh* and with the long hours idk how i'll cope D: so stressed. reach home should be 7 or 8 le then still need do homework and stuff.

beezlebubz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: about jc's locations.. :(

Postby micko07 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 am

beezlebubz wrote:i didnt know damit lol. excuse my ignorance my social circle is miserably tiny; all my friends either live near the school, have car or have direct bus. oh damm i estimate need 1hour to and fro school again *sigh* and with the long hours idk how i'll cope D: so stressed. reach home should be 7 or 8 le then still need do homework and stuff.


When I was in JC, I didn't have a direct bus either - it was either bus+bus or bus+very long walk. Depending on traffic, I think it took me 30-40mins to get home normally, sometimes over an hour.

I sympathize with you because it IS tiring but you need to be practical. You can
a) Live in the school hostel (if there is one)
b) Get a car (I'm assuming you have a driving licence or someone is willing to drive you? Either way, it's a really expensive option)
c) Take taxi everyday
d) Just accept that it is what it is and commute by public transport.

To put this in perspective, I knew a girl who went to NTU and stayed in Marine Parade (ie East to West commute). She didn't have a choice because she went to NIE, but the long commute didn't stop her from becoming valedictorian. It's not impossible, and people get by all the time.

Reaching home by 7 or 8 is still okay - at any rate, I very rarely, if ever, went home that late from school (could have been my choice of CCAs though).You will not be busy throughout the day until you get home, so you should try to make use of your free time during school/ after school to study and do your homework then (I used to do my work during lunch break). Or you can take a nap if you're tired and then work when you get home. Or you can work on the bus/ MRT (I do my readings while travelling).

Long story short: It is doable. It takes getting used to be it's certainly doable.

micko07
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:46 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: about jc's locations.. :(

Postby jedamum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 am

Get yourself a mp3 player. Listening to music makes the journeyseems faster. I used to walk 10min, took bus,transfer bus to poly. Journey about an hour. I usually go to the libraw for revision and homework to avoid peak hour during dismissal. .can save ten min travelling and had place to sit.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Re: about jc's locations.. :(

Postby Quintessential Mum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:17 am

Move is one option.

Nonetheless, there are JCs in the north/east/west/central. So there must be one that works for you. Of course, if you only want to go to a certain JC, then it is a choice and you have to live with it.

Quintessential Mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: about jc's locations.. :(

Postby beezlebubz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:42 pm

I think taking taxi is more expensive than buying a car with 2 years left..lol. well yeah its kind of doable especially for the first few months, but more than that and i'll be exhausted and more or less not motivated to finish my homework. I get super sleepy after 3.30pm which is usually sec 4's normal release time and by the time i reach home i would have to take a nap -_- The school's hostel only accept foreign scholars i thought?? I guess i can stay back after school to do my homework though :O..and my parents wont let me move since JC's only 2 years hahas. Oh yeah i suppose i might need tuition in JC too... Lastly, yes i kind of just live really far away from all the schools; somewhere in the center with no direct bus routes to any of them. kind of weird huh?? == plus i live 15min away from the mrt. if i can go njc i will be happiest ofcourse since its the nearest. but i guess if my results only allows me to go to one school i'll have to cope with it anyhow :/ ehh i have no idea of the homework load o.o its possible to finish it at lunch? how long is lunch?

beezlebubz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: about jc's locations.. :(

Postby Skyed » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:51 pm

beezlebubz wrote:I think taking taxi is more expensive than buying a car



Not with the current COE prices I think..

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:37 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees