Difference between official JAE and individual admissions?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Difference between official JAE and individual admissions?

Postby bandmate » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi, what is the difference between applying for the JAE courses online through MOE, and through individual JAE exercises conducted by different institutions? If I apply for the official one and the individual one at the same time, is it ok? Also, for the individual admission, is it better because you get to provide additional details? Thanks.

bandmate
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Difference between official JAE and individual admission

Postby twilight » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 pm

As far as I know, there's only one JAE. MOE does all the postings. It's only for appeal that you appeal to individual schools. I'm not sure what's the individual JAE you're referring to.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bandmate » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi, it is because there's something like this over here: https://admissions.ri.edu.sg/#admissionsbg

bandmate
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby twilight » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:43 pm

Huh it says there that JAE is conducted by MOE.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Quintessential Mum » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:30 pm

I heard about it too. It seems that some JCs are conducting trial appeals from today for some students even before the release of the JAE posting exercise. It seems unfair to the rest of the students that are just submitting application via the JAE. It maybe through some special connection. :scratchhead:

Quintessential Mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby twilight » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:22 pm

True, my school is accepting appeal from 10 Jan to 31 Jan. But when will the appeal result be released? Unless the school is intentionally reserving places for students without HMT, they won't know how many appeal cases they can accept I think.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Quintessential Mum » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:28 pm

twilight wrote:True, my school is accepting appeal from 10 Jan to 31 Jan. But when will the appeal result be released? Unless the school is intentionally reserving places for students without HMT, they won't know how many appeal cases they can accept I think.

The appeal results have been released. FYI, it is for HMT students who did not do well enough to qualify via JAE! So unfair!

Quintessential Mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Love iPad » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:55 am

Quintessential Mum wrote:
twilight wrote:True, my school is accepting appeal from 10 Jan to 31 Jan. But when will the appeal result be released? Unless the school is intentionally reserving places for students without HMT, they won't know how many appeal cases they can accept I think.

The appeal results have been released. FYI, it is for HMT students who did not do well enough to qualify via JAE! So unfair!

Which JC are you referring to?

Love iPad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bandmate » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Quintessential Mum wrote:

lol. is there any official MOE explanation for this?

bandmate
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby twilight » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 pm

You can write to straits times, then if they publish your letter, for sure MOE will give an explanation.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees