how to rank schools for O level + should i appeal?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

how to rank schools for O level + should i appeal?

Postby yoyoyozxc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Hello. I scored a L1R5 10 - 4 bonus points. 6 points net. I really want to go VJC science (4 points net) but even TJC for me is a partial 6.

I am thinking of putting VJC as first choice, followed by TJC and Anderson JC as third choice. Then, I hope to appeal into VJC.

However, I am afraid if i put TJC as second choice, TJ might not want me and i might land in AJC (which i am not really fond of).

Should I appeal into VJC or forget about appealing? how high do u think my chances are? I am a councillor in secondary school and obtain the same prelim result as my O level result. Furthermore, I'm from cedar. (hopefully they will take into consideration that I did well in sec sch and i was unfortunately careless in O level+++++ VCA)

PLEASE HELP ME. Have to submit JAE choice by monday!!! (14 jan) thanks!

yoyoyozxc
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: how to rank schools for O level + should i appeal?

Postby FrekiWang » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

yoyoyozxc wrote:Hello. I scored a L1R5 10 - 4 bonus points. 6 points net. I really want to go VJC science (4 points net) but even TJC for me is a partial 6.

I am thinking of putting VJC as first choice, followed by TJC and Anderson JC as third choice. Then, I hope to appeal into VJC.

However, I am afraid if i put TJC as second choice, TJ might not want me and i might land in AJC (which i am not really fond of).

Should I appeal into VJC or forget about appealing? how high do u think my chances are? I am a councillor in secondary school and obtain the same prelim result as my O level result. Furthermore, I'm from cedar. (hopefully they will take into consideration that I did well in sec sch and i was unfortunately careless in O level+++++ VCA)

PLEASE HELP ME. Have to submit JAE choice by monday!!! (14 jan) thanks!

I would suggest you put TJC as the first choice and appeal to TJC if rejected. To appeal, you will have a higher chance if you were in a performing art or sports cca. Councillor is not something that top JCs are short of.

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees