z

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

z

Postby blissbambina » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:48 pm

zzzzzz
Last edited by blissbambina on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blissbambina
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: WHICH JC :( rj/hc/somewhere nearby? Please help me!

Postby FrekiWang » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 pm

blissbambina wrote:Dear all, I have gotten 6 points minus 4 bonus points for os, but am in a dilemma of which school to put as first and second choice. I live in loyang/tampines, so a schools nearby would be MJ(10mins)/TJ(20mins). VJ is relatively near too, will take about 40mins. Should I try for schools that are further away like RJ(1h straight bus), HC/NJ (1.5h)? It will be hard to get into RJ and I don't know how I will fare there, knowing I am not as smart as the rest. Does anyone know more about RJ and HC?
My results are:
English A1
HCL A2
CL A1
Lit A2
SS-Hist A1
E math A1
A math A2
Physics A2
Chem A1

As you can see I only just nice got 6, and I am intending to go into science stream. I hold leadership positions in school too. Can anyone please advice me on what schools to choose, or give me more background on these schools? Frankly, I am prepared for long travelling hours as I have been commuting for 1h45mins to and from sec school these 4 years. Thank you so much!!

5A1s or typo error?

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby blissbambina » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:20 pm

FrekiWang wrote:
blissbambina wrote:Dear all, I have gotten 6 points minus 4 bonus points for os, but am in a dilemma of which school to put as first and second choice. I live in loyang/tampines, so a schools nearby would be MJ(10mins)/TJ(20mins). VJ is relatively near too, will take about 40mins. Should I try for schools that are further away like RJ(1h straight bus), HC/NJ (1.5h)? It will be hard to get into RJ and I don't know how I will fare there, knowing I am not as smart as the rest. Does anyone know more about RJ and HC?
My results are:
English A1
HCL A2
CL A1
Lit A2
SS-Hist A1
E math A1
A math A2
Physics A2
Chem A1

As you can see I only just nice got 6, and I am intending to go into science stream. I hold leadership positions in school too. Can anyone please advice me on what schools to choose, or give me more background on these schools? Frankly, I am prepared for long travelling hours as I have been commuting for 1h45mins to and from sec school these 4 years. Thank you so much!!

5A1s or typo error?

Oops. Yup it's a typo! Any advice?

blissbambina
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Neus048 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:22 pm

I think with 2 nett points you can enter any jc you like. :smile: Why not try for rj! :) take the circle line, it might be faster. As for nj/hc, based on distance alone I think you might want to select rj over the other 2 since it's a 30 min difference in traveling time (which would add up to a lot). I guess at the end of the day it's up to you, but if you don't mind the traveling time then go for it! Of course, all jcs have their pros and cons. All the best! :lol:

Neus048
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby micko07 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:10 am

My results are:
English A1
HCL A2
CL A1
Lit A1
SS-Hist A1
E math A1
A math A2
Physics A2
Chem A1

Congratulations on your results! I graduated from HC in 2010 so if you have any specific questions do feel free to ask or PM me (:

micko07
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby blissbambina » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:41 am

Neus048 wrote:I think with 2 nett points you can enter any jc you like. :smile: Why not try for rj! :) take the circle line, it might be faster. As for nj/hc, based on distance alone I think you might want to select rj over the other 2 since it's a 30 min difference in traveling time (which would add up to a lot). I guess at the end of the day it's up to you, but if you don't mind the traveling time then go for it! Of course, all jcs have their pros and cons. All the best! :lol:

Thanks for your help!!

blissbambina
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees