Dilemma whether to go jc or poly?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Dilemma whether to go jc or poly?

Postby pnze » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:50 pm

I gt Eng: B3 CHS: B3 e Maths: B3 a Maths: B3 chem: B3 phy: B3 Poa:A1 B3 and Chinese: B3 I got CCA bonus 2 pts. Net score is 14 and 11. I dunno whether shud I go poly or jc. Becuz poly I dunno what to do and for jc: shud I try to get into srjc(13) or go into tampines jc(14) or any jc that accept my aggregate score? Please advise. Ty. I live toa payoh

pnze
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Dilemma whether to go jc or poly?

Postby Valerie Teoh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 pm

If your answer to this question is yes, you should go into JC. If not, Poly.
"How desperate do you want to go into a University?"

SRJC is not a bad choice also, from TPY maybe 20 mins?

Valerie Teoh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pnze » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Very desperate

pnze
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby meinteel » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:05 am

JC is a pre-university course while Poly prepares you for the workplace. Therefore, the choice is quite obvious.

Despite it being easier and easier for poly students to get into uni, you should know that the overall percentage is still very small as compared to jc students (well over 90%).

Do note that JC education isn't going to be like secondary school. It will be much tougher and requires you to consistently revise AFTER finishing all your homework and class practices. Being desperate to go university is not enough, you need to be willing to put in the time and effort for the next 2 years while your friends are partying away in poly.

GCE A Levels is a worthless certification if you are not going for a degree, its WORST than a diploma. Therefore, if you think you would very likely not work hard and study for the next 2 years, I STRONGLY suggest you to enter poly instead. I'm not saying that poly is all fun and games, but its definitely easier to pass.

meinteel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees