[urgent] Raw 12 net 8... someone please advice me

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

[urgent] Raw 12 net 8... someone please advice me

Postby curious95 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 am

Hello. I have just received my Olevel results and there are many questions I would like to ask. My results are as follows: Pure Geog and German B4, Chem and Physics B3, Eng and Amath and Hcl and cl and combined humans A2, emath A1. Results are a disappointment:(
i got raw score 12, net score 8. I have been wanting to go to acjc arts stream but acjc arts stream COP is 7. If I try applying for acjc arts stream, would I stand any chance? Or isit not worth applying at all.
If I appeal will I stand a chance?

With my net score 8, would I be able to get into ajc science stream? or is it very risky to put it as my first choice? I got an A1 for emath and A2 for Amath and have a great interest for math so I hope the challenging math won't be a problem.

Many of my friends around me are troubled about choosing between ajc and nyjc. Which do you recommend? What attracts me about nyjc is their hybrid choices...

I would be grateful if someone replies soon And Thank you!

curious95
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: [urgent] Raw 12 net 8... someone please advice me

Postby StrivingHardKid » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:04 am

Same here... i am stuck between ajc and nyjc too:(

StrivingHardKid
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: [urgent] Raw 12 net 8... someone please advice me

Postby loverangel1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:30 am

I think it's highly unlikely for u to enter acjc with 8 points as the 6 7 in the jc cut off point is a partial L1R5. Thus some ppl who score 7 might not even be able to enter ac if ppl who do better choose ac. These are the ppl who will appeal I guess. I'm from ac and my principal shared with us that last yr 500+ ppl appealed for like a handful of empty spaces. So unless u have something ac wants, maybe u should try acjc or nyjc. Heard nyjc is not bad...

loverangel1
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees