SUBJECT COMBI ! urgent!!

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

SUBJECT COMBI ! urgent!!

Postby idunknow00 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi all. I would like to seek some advice regarding on the subject combination. would H2 biology or H2 geography be a better choice? The other subjects chosen are Chem, Math and Econs.
I have more interest in geog, but i understand biology provides more choices.
Olevels scores are A1 : Bio, Emath, Amath, Geog, Combined Humanities ( SS + Hist ) , English , Mother tongue
A2: Chem

Thanks!

idunknow00
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: SUBJECT COMBI ! urgent!!

Postby HotnColdx » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

i would say take h2 geog, study the subject you are interested in then you will be likely to score better in it since you have interest in it.
However, you should note that taking h2 biology tgt with h2 chem would offer you more choices in uni!
what course do you plan to take in uni?

HotnColdx
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby micko07 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:18 pm

idunknow00 wrote:Hi all. I would like to seek some advice regarding on the subject combination. would H2 biology or H2 geography be a better choice? The other subjects chosen are Chem, Math and Econs.
I have more interest in geog, but i understand biology provides more choices.
Olevels scores are A1 : Bio, Emath, Amath, Geog, Combined Humanities ( SS + Hist ) , English , Mother tongue
A2: Chem

Thanks!

I did H2 Geog and really enjoyed it. It's the most "sciency" subject of all the Arts IMO.

I agree with HotnColdx - have a look at the course requirements for the unis and see whether you are interested in a course that asks for Biology. If you THINK there is a chance that you might want to apply for such a course in the future, I would suggest sticking with Bio to keep your options open.

In my case, I knew I didn't want to do any science-related subjects in Uni (Engineering, Sciences, Medicine, Dentistry), so I switched out from pure science at Sec 4 to pure Arts in JC. If you aren't certain though, I'd advocate playing safe.

micko07
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby idunknow00 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:29 pm

thanks guys! i was either thinking of doing pharmacy/science or business in university. Well i heard the current prerequisite for pharmacy has been reduced to chem and bio/math/phy. so im still unsure!

idunknow00
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees