Is CCA important in JC?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Is CCA important in JC?

Postby Yonghao123 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:10 pm

I currently am in YJC and everything seems to go wrong for me, my appealing to other school fail,i appeal of subjects failed and i don't really like the environment. Although i like my friends there but i think i should think in other aspects. I now really just feel like study hard and get out of yjc and not think about anything else, but the school focuses a lot on other areas of development like CCA and etc so i want to know that is it really that important cos i don't feel like taking part in all these activities anyone got experience in these areas??

Yonghao123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Is CCA important in JC?

Postby Mdm Koh » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:41 pm

It is if you intend to further your studies.

Mdm Koh
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby FrekiWang » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:33 pm

CCA performance is not so important (unless you are considering good Us in Us/Canada, or scholarships).

CCA attendance is important, it will affect your testimonials.

In conclusion, the minimal you need to do is to choose a CCA with only one session per week and make yourself physically present on that day.

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby twilight » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 pm

CCA can be a good avenue for you to at least enjoy JC life. If you're not keen to participate in competitions and all that, just join a club you like which is relatively slack, like meeting once a week, hang out with friends and at the same time get some work done.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Just relax » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:02 am

CCA is important if u are looking for scholarships whether local or more importantly overseas. So think carefully. If u plan to study further and your parents may not be able to fully subsidise your further studies, then u need to have a good CCA record. Good results at A levels not enough as too many students will score well.

Just relax
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees