COP for JC - 2013

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

COP for JC - 2013

Postby civic6228 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am

Dear All,

Anyone has any idea what is the COP for all the JCs for Y2013 ?

I have been searching "high and low" and could not find anything on the web. My daughter is doing her Os this year and we are looking to set achievable targets for her.

civic6228
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: COP for JC - 2013

Postby AceTutors123 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 am

Hi civic6228, I have been searching high and low as well. It does not seem like MOE has released the scores for this year yet.

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby theNSKlor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 pm

AceTutors123 wrote:Hi civic6228, I have been searching high and low as well. It does not seem like MOE has released the scores for this year yet.

I heard that for Victoria JC it's now 5 points for science as they had intakes of 3 students with 5 points nett via the JAE.

As for my school, CJC, the cut off points remains at 10 for both science and art.

Nobody with 9 points nett got in NYJC this time, so there are some speculations that it is now an 8 point-requirement for Science and 9 for Arts.

theNSKlor
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby AceTutors123 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:07 am

theNSKlor wrote:
I heard that for Victoria JC it's now 5 points for science as they had intakes of 3 students with 5 points nett via the JAE.

As for my school, CJC, the cut off points remains at 10 for both science and art.

Nobody with 9 points nett got in NYJC this time, so there are some speculations that it is now an 8 point-requirement for Science and 9 for Arts.

Wow, seems to have gotten pretty competitive at NYJC. I lived in Serangoon in the past I don't remember it being so hard to get in =o

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby koguma » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:58 am

theNSKlor wrote:
AceTutors123 wrote:Hi civic6228, I have been searching high and low as well. It does not seem like MOE has released the scores for this year yet.

i believed MOE will published the COP in 2nd half of the year.

i called MOE when I helped my niece to appeal. According to them,
NYJC Arts COP - 8
MJC, SAJC, AJC Arts COP - 9

My niece scored 9 points but failed to get into all the 4 JCs mentioned above. Hence, a student should not just aim for the COP score. One should aim to get 1-2 marks below the COP.

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby civic6228 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:44 pm

theNSKlor wrote:

The "hear say" is that the COP for CJC is reduced to 9 points for Science.... my daughter is in one of the convent and CJC is going to be one of her choices. The target for 1st choice is ACJC and CJC is likely to be the 2nd choice.

In any case, it all depends on the results.

civic6228
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees