Mid year JC1 results

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Mid year JC1 results

Postby Skyed » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:27 am

Hi, all my subject tutors in JC are scaring me with how frequently they tell us 'if you manage to pass at mid years its an achievement already' - is this really true?? Also, anyone have tips for econs? Had a mini test and scored 8/15 :( if it matters, I'm from VJ.

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Mid year JC1 results

Postby TheAnswer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:20 am

JC 1 mid year is usually quite tough. Back in my old JC 1 days. I scored only Bs and Cs (50% percentile) though I went in with straight As. I know ppl who went from straight As at O levels to straight Es for JC 1 mid year.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby eagle » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:17 am

JC Syllabus is a huge step up from O levels.

Students need to have consistent hard work to survive well. While it may seem tough, be assured that consistent hard work is needed to score well in poly and uni too. Consistent hard work is also required when one steps into society. So this is a good training before uni life and work life.

eagle
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Skyed » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks guys :) So a decent aim for mid years assuming one has no tuition for that subject would be a C?

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby TheAnswer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Skyed wrote:Thanks guys :) So a decent aim for mid years assuming one has no tuition for that subject would be a C?

Just do your best.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Quintessential Mum » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Skyed wrote:Thanks guys :) So a decent aim for mid years assuming one has no tuition for that subject would be a C?

Hi There is a bit of an adjustment phase when you start JC. However, if you work smart and hard consistently, it will only get better. Usually, Econs is the stumbling block as it is a new subject. So put more effort into it. Make it a point to find out where you went wrong and improve. Just to let you know that I know of someone from JAE who did just the above and scored 4As and 1B for JC1 mid years without tuition at a 1st tier JC. So you can do the same! Jia you! :D

Quintessential Mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees