Retaking O level English in 2013

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Retaking O level English in 2013

Postby Joycetyh23 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi, I sat for O levels last year. However, I failed my English and scored D7. Thus, I only wish to retake it this yr. however, there isn't any private will accept me if I only want to retake one core subjects. How?

Joycetyh23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Retaking O level English in 2013

Postby pinkapple » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:04 am

private school u mean?

how bout tuition?

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sembgal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:03 am

Post deleted
Last edited by sembgal on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sembgal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 am

Joycetyh23 wrote:Hi, I sat for O levels last year. However, I failed my English and scored D7. Thus, I only wish to retake it this yr. however, there isn't any private will accept me if I only want to retake one core subjects. How?

You can retake your English by attending once a week class for 3 hr session.
Fee: Singapore Citizen $65 per subject (1 time payment, $65 is 1 year fee. The fee is low because of govt subsidy. If you were to repeat the course again after u fail, have to pay $667 per subject.

There are other subjects offered too. Go check it out.

Teacher qualification's: Ex-MOE teachers or current MOE teachers or qualified teachers deemed fit by MOE.
Please go to http://www.ite.edu.sg, click on the top orange icon that says Part-Time Students, click on Secondary Education Sec 1N to GCE O Level education, click on General Education (GE Programme), on the left click on Traning Schedule and Fees and also other details.
Important remarks: You have to register and pay for your own O level exam fee! Check http://www.seab.gov.sg
Today 26/3/2013 is the last day for u to register to take O level exam in Nov. if you miss it, wait for next year to register. SEAB particular about it and will not extend the deadline beyond today. Please go register if you have not done so.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinkapple » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:02 am

wow! this is good info. thanx,sembgal

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sembgal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:14 pm

pinkapple wrote:wow! this is good info. thanx,sembgal

You are welcome. There are classes for adult learners to take their secondary education too.

The Eng O level course offered in ITE is of good standard. Students MUST complete homework assigned faithfully and attend every class in order to maximise learning and pass O level English.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Joycetyh23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 pm

sembgal wrote:
Joycetyh23 wrote:Hi, I sat for O levels last year. However, I failed my English and scored D7. Thus, I only wish to retake it this yr. however, there isn't any private will accept me if I only want to retake one core subjects. How?

Fee: Singapore Citizen $65 per subject (1 time payment, $65 is 1 year fee. The fee is low because of govt subsidy. If you were to repeat the course again after u fail, have to pay $667 per subject.

Teacher qualification's: Ex-MOE teachers or current MOE teachers or qualified teachers deemed fit by MOE.
Please go to http://www.ite.edu.sg, click on the top orange icon that says Part-Time Students, click on Secondary Education Sec 1N to GCE O Level education, click on General Education (GE Programme), on the left click on Traning Schedule and Fees and also other details.
Important remarks: You have to register and pay for your own O level exam fee! Check http://www.seab.gov.sg
Today 26/3/2013 is the last day for u to register to take O level exam in Nov. if you miss it, wait for next year to register. SEAB particular about it and will not extend the deadline beyond today. Please go register if you have not done so.

Thanks Sembgal for your advise ! However, I am not eligible for that as I am currently a full-time diploma student in NP.

Joycetyh23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Joycetyh23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:33 pm

so how?? registration closing.... :lightrod:

Joycetyh23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sembgal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Joycetyh23 wrote:so how?? registration closing.... :lightrod:

Online Registration
The 2013 Singapore-Cambridge GCE N(T)-, N(A)-, O- and A-Level registration period is 16 calendar days (including Sunday), starting on 11 March 2013 until 11:59 pm on 26 March 2013.

However, for private candidates who have missed the registration period from 11 March to 26 March 2013, they can still register online during the extended registration period from Monday, 1 April 2013 to Tuesday, 30 April 2013 (11:59 pm). Private candidates who register during the extended registration period, i.e. 1 April to 30 April 2013, can only make the payment at any SingPost office or S.A.M between 18 May and 27 May 2013. If payment is not made by the stipulated deadline under each registration period, the candidate’s registration will be treated as incomplete and will be deemed null and void. Registration for Mid Year subjects would not be allowed after 26 March 2013.

Private candidates who registered between 11 March 2013 and 26 March 2013 and wish to make amendment to their subjects must still proceed to make their payment between 30 March and 8 April 2013. Once the payment is made, they will be able to make amendments to their subject entries online between 15 April and 14 May 2013. An amendment fee of S$20.00 (in addition to the new subject fee) will be charged for each amendment request made after the registration period, i.e. 26 March 2013 onwards.

Registration Period Extended Registration Period Amendment Period
11 March to 26 March 2013 1 April to 30 April 2013 15 April to 14 May 2013
Payment Period 30 March to 8 April 2013 18 May to 27 May 2013 18 May to 27 May 2013
Please note that SEAB will not accept any late registration and amendment request made after 30 April 2013 for candidates taking GCE N(T)- and N(A)-Level.

For clarifications, please contact the Ministry of Education, Customer Service Hotline at 6872 2220 or email contact@moe.gov.sg

Please click here to proceed with your registration.

Last updated on:26 Mar 2013
Info from www.seab.gov.sg

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sembgal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Joycetyh23 wrote:
sembgal wrote:

Thanks Sembgal for your advise ! However, I am not eligible for that as I am currently a full-time diploma student in NP.

Yes, you qualified because you fail your O level English once. So u can go register for the course with ITE. Pls take note that you should go down personally to ITE in the evenings, not the daytime one, to seek further advice. Do not try calling. It's better to go down in the evening. Check out the schedule timing and you will know the evening opening hours. Bring along your O level result slip, original IC and payment.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees