Degree course for IP student?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Which one?

Stick to IP
100%
NAFA
No votes
Laselle
No votes
SP
No votes
TP
No votes
NYP
No votes

Total votes : 3

Degree course for IP student?

Postby mona0lisa » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi!:) I am a student in sec4 in an IP school, I hope to transfer to an art course next year; transfer out of IP into NAFA, Laselle or a poly. Has anyone in IP tried this? I know its easy to change to another IP JC, but my school reuse to disclose info about those who transferred to non-JC institutes.
I am interested in Media and Design/ Advertising/ Film. I am in AEP (art elective programme) and have a pretty neat collection of photos for my portfolio. However I only took part in a few photography competitions and haven't won anything yet. I can do pretty good sketches and decent watercolour and oil painting.

Any advice? Stick to IP or transfer? And how do I transfer? THANKS:D

mona0lisa
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Degree course for IP student?

Postby phankao » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:58 pm

mona0lisa wrote:Hi!:) I am a student in sec4 in an IP school, I hope to transfer to an art course next year; transfer out of IP into NAFA, Laselle or a poly. Has anyone in IP tried this? I know its easy to change to another IP JC, but my school reuse to disclose info about those who transferred to non-JC institutes.
I am interested in Media and Design/ Advertising/ Film. I am in AEP (art elective programme) and have a pretty neat collection of photos for my portfolio. However I only took part in a few photography competitions and haven't won anything yet. I can do pretty good sketches and decent watercolour and oil painting.

Any advice? Stick to IP or transfer? And how do I transfer? THANKS:D

I know there are Direct Admission Schemes for students to Polytechnics:

Singapore Poly:
http://www.sp.edu.sg/wps/portal/vp-spws ... rcise+(dae))

Nanyang Poly:
http://www.nyp.edu.sg/future-students/w ... ercise-dae

You can check the Websites or Email the other Polytechnics on similar Direct Admissions from Sec 4 IP.

As for NAFA or LaSalle - do Email them for Enquiry/Info. They will give you more accurate info.

Hope that helps!

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby xiaostar » Sun May 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Why don't you stick to IP and apply to art related degrees after your A-levels? If you're really good, you can even apply for scholarships to study art related courses overseas after your A-levels (http://app.cischolarship.sg/)

xiaostar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby SignorWinter » Sun May 12, 2013 8:46 pm

I know of one guy who wanted to go to Laselle from an IP sec school. Changed his mind, and continued with JC.

SignorWinter
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees