The essay questions this year took the form and function of 2012. Broad-based questions which required a wide range of ideas. The questions set are similar to UK June and November papers.
1. ‘The world would be a better place if more political leaders were women.’ What is your view?
2. ‘Unlike the Arts, such as writing or music, Mathematics lacks the capacity for creativity.’ How far do you agree with this statement?
3. Is there any point in trying to predict future trends?
4. To what extent is it possible to make the punishment fit the crime?
5. Discuss the clam that in the modern world people should care more about international than national issues.
6. How important is it to save plant and animal species which are in danger of extinction?
7. ‘Scientific research into health and diet is unreliable as it so often contradicts itself.’ Is this a fair comment?
8. How far is increased prosperity for all a realistic goal in your society?
9. Consider the view that spoken language is more important than the written form.
10. Why should we be concerned with current affairs when most of them will soon be forgotten?
11. Education should only be concerned with what is useful in life. Discuss.
12. How far, in your society, should unpopular views be open to discussion?
2013 General Paper 8807 (Paper 1)
Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.