Help Needed Urgently

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Help Needed Urgently

Postby sangyu » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 am

Currently my child just completed her promo exams and did very badly. She need to pass the coming test on jan 2014. Any best JC tutor in Math, Bio
that anyone can recommend. Thanks.

sangyu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Help Needed Urgently

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:38 am

Another idea you may want to consider is to let her repeat the year? If she did badly, maybe repeating the year may be good. One of my friends had his son repeat JC1 (he played too much, I think), and he did well in the A levels in the end. He told me that there are usually a number of repeat students each year.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zbear » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:48 am

My dd will be in JC1 next year n I am very concerned in reading that a lot of JC1 students cannot meet the promo requirements.

Is JC very tough?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby boinbi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:04 pm

My DD is asked to repeat JC1. She did badly in her H2 Math. The rest of her subjects are B,D,D,D. We are in a dilemma as to whether to appeal to the school to let her be promoted to JC2. At the same time, we r also desperately finding a good tutor to teach her H2 Math. We prefer a female tutor. Would appreciate any recommendation.

boinbi
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby kitty2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:30 pm

sangyu wrote:Currently my child just completed her promo exams and did very badly. She need to pass the coming test on jan 2014. Any best JC tutor in Math, Bio
that anyone can recommend. Thanks.

Where do you stay? My nephew used to go to one Maths tutor in AMK.I also heard from him that almost half of his cohort failed JC 1 and needed to retain :stupid:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sangyu » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Yesterday we have met up the teacher regarding my daughter promo result. She has an option to retest her exam in Jan 2014. We are thinking it may be good if she retain to build up her foundation, but lets see how does she perform in the retest.
Does anyone has any good tuition center to recommend ? we stay in the west. Thanks

sangyu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby will.tuition65 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:04 am

Hi,

I have access to a database of 13,000 tutors in Singapore. I can help you find the most suitable tutor to teach your d JC Maths. Please feel free to contact me at 92253610 or you can also email me at will.tuition65@gmail.com. No obligations!

will.tuition65
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sangyu » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:36 pm

HI Protutor
I agree with your pov and also repeatedly said to my daughter that JC needs consistent hard work and not just study during exam time. Though I can see that she does study daily and more than secondary school but personally I felt that she can commit even more. However, I also see the benefit of tutoring when my daughter told me that the Econ tutor teaches the class very much more than the school and she felt that her school teacher does not teach much. She also told me that the Chem tutor simplified the concept which make them easier to understand, unlike what the school teacher delivered.

sangyu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Bedokid » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:01 pm

sangyu wrote:HI Protutor
I agree with your pov and also repeatedly said to my daughter that JC needs consistent hard work and not just study during exam time. Though I can see that she does study daily and more than secondary school but personally I felt that she can commit even more. However, I also see the benefit of tutoring when my daughter told me that the Econ tutor teaches the class very much more than the school and she felt that her school teacher does not teach much. She also told me that the Chem tutor simplified the concept which make them easier to understand, unlike what the school teacher delivered.

My thoughts exactly....that is why many students (especially at jc level )need these tutors to help them understand their syllabus better.....a lot of students seek external helps regardless of the expensive tuition fees......really bo bian cos these two years are so short and stressed..... :mad:

Bedokid
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby PAINT » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:05 am

Hi,

I agree that good tuition can help in allowing your child to understand the concepts better. This would be beneficial for subjects such as Chemistry or Economics.

However, for subject that require the child to memorise such as Biology or General Paper, I feel that the child should spend his/ her time making his/ her own notes rather than going for tuition as sometimes tuition can be rather time consuming.

Although going to tuition helps, it is very important for the child to do his/ her own practice in their free time as once the child gets familiar with certain questions, they will have a better idea on how to approach the question in the future.

PAINT
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees