Help with JC choices! D:

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Which school? :lightrod:

NYJC
28%
VJC
56%
NJC
17%

Total votes : 18

Help with JC choices! D:

Postby Fewo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Hey guys! 2 weeks till results are out and I'm dying already! ._.

Anyways, I've been brooding over which JC to select over the past month and I've been down to 3 Jc's, in which I'll list my combi and my impression of the school! ^^

1. NYJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL & L
-EL Lit

-Impression: warm school that doesn't judge haha. Great school character and facilities apparently as reported from my friend.

2. VJC
-Math
-Econs
-China Studies in English
-EL Lit

-Impression: crazy enthu spirit that's higly contagious. However, is it me, or are Victorians more self-conscious? I'm seeing so many with branded stuff.

3. NJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL & L
-El Lit

-Impression: from what I've gathered, it's a more introverted society there, but offers equal opportunities for leadership.

What are your impressions of these schools? Which school would you recommend? Also, would you recommend EL & L or China Studies? If I've offended anyone, I'm truly sorry.

Fewo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Help with JC choices! D:

Postby xiaostar » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:33 pm

Fewo wrote:Also, would you recommend EL & L or China Studies?

personally, I'll recommend EL&L. I think it is more useful.

xiaostar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Fewo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:15 pm

xiaostar wrote:

Xiaostar, do elaborate^^

Fewo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Fewo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:15 pm

xiaostar wrote:

Xiaostar, do elaborate^^

Fewo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby emoh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Fewo wrote:Hey guys! 2 weeks till results are out and I'm dying already! ._.

Anyways, I've been brooding over which JC to select over the past month and I've been down to 3 Jc's, in which I'll list my combi and my impression of the school! ^^

1. NYJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL & L
-EL Lit

-Impression: warm school that doesn't judge haha. Great school character and facilities apparently as reported from my friend.

2. VJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL Lit

-Impression: crazy enthu spirit that's higly contagious. However, is it me, or are Victorians more self-conscious? I'm seeing so many with branded stuff.

3. NJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL & L
-El Lit

-Impression: from what I've gathered, it's a more introverted society there, but offers equal opportunities for leadership.

What are your impressions of these schools? Which school would you recommend? Also, would you recommend EL & L or China Studies? If I've offended anyone, I'm truly sorry.

You seem to be quite a Humanities based person. Do you want to consider a more broad based education like the IB ?
Last edited by emoh on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emoh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Skyed » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:40 pm

VJC! Haha I'm from there. Do come down to our open house on 8th Jan :)

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Fewo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:45 pm

emoh wrote:

1. NYJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL & L
-EL Lit

2. VJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL Lit

3. NJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL & L
-El Lit

You seem to be quite a Humanities based person. Do you want to consider a more broad based education like the IB ?

Haha yeah I am a more artsy person per se. IB, to me appears to be a more atas type of education. My parents and I have talked about going to a cheaper institution, which is why I ruled out Raffles, even though their elective programmer is reputable haha. So yeah, although I'll keep IB in mind, may I know your personal opinion on the 3 institutions above?

Fewo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Fewo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Skyed wrote:VJC! Haha I'm from there. Do come down to our open house on 8th Jan :)

Haha noted! I'll try to be there to take a look XD

Fewo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby emoh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Fewo wrote:
emoh wrote:

1. NYJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL & L
-EL Lit

2. VJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL Lit

3. NJC
-Math
-Econs
-EL & L
-El Lit

Haha yeah I am a more artsy person per se. IB, to me appears to be a more atas type of education. My parents and I have talked about going to a cheaper institution, which is why I ruled out Raffles, even though their elective programmer is reputable haha. So yeah, although I'll keep IB in mind, may I know your personal opinion on the 3 institutions above?

All 3 are very good JCs. If you are from VS then I assume you are staying around the East hence VJC would be more suitable.

If you are a Singapore Citizen and score L1R5 of around 8 points or less, you would get the ESIP which would be equivalent to a discount of $200 off the school fees per month at the independent JCs (RI, HCI, ACS(I) & SJI).

emoh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Melody169 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi

Can someone advise if IB students stand equal chance as A level students in entering the local Universities? Are A level students the preferred ones whereas IB students have to be prepared to go for overseas studies?

Appreciate any helpful advice.

Thanks.

Melody169
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees