Networking Group - JCs General

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
Post Reply
zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 5157
Joined: Mon Sep 16,
Total Likes:67

Networking Group - JCs General

Post by zbear » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:55 am

I am curious - why isn't there a Parent Networking Group for JCs? I believe most of the children have already gone up to JCs (as every year seems to fly so fast) so it will be great if one can be created.

Students who are going to take their A levels also need parents' support n guidance so it will be good if parents can share n learn from each other.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11318
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:101

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by jtoh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks for starting up this thread, zbear. Your child is going to JC1 this year?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 5157
Joined: Mon Sep 16,
Total Likes:67

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by zbear » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:27 am

Yes, my dd will be in JC1 this year. I think there are a number of us with our 1997 kids.

DD is so excited to start a new chapter of her school life n I feel the same too. There will be a lot of challenges n new adventures ahead.

Each time, my kid enters a new chapter - Primary, Secondary, JC, I feel there is a lot to learn n share abt what to expect n be prepared.

How can we go abt with this thread?

Perhaps more parents can chip in to make it alive?????

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11174
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:208

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:28 am

I would be interested to 'meet' parents with kids in or intending to go to Millennia Institute. Anyone here?

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Sep 22,
Total Likes:72

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by wonderm » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:28 am

I am also glad that you started this thread. Hopefully we see more sharing from parents with kids in JC.

But I guess by this age, the kids are more independent, hence parents are usually less involved.


zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2129
Joined: Wed Dec 30,
Total Likes:48

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by zeemimi » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:45 am

Checking in too. Can I find out for ip students do they start term on 2 jan while o level students starts on 6 feb? Will the o level students miss out much?

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Sep 22,
Total Likes:72

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by wonderm » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:51 am

zeemimi wrote:Checking in too. Can I find out for ip students do they start term on 2 jan while o level students starts on 6 feb? Will the o level students miss out much?


Not so for my ds school. Actual lessons only start after the O Level students join them in Feb.
Last edited by wonderm on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11318
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:101

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by jtoh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:55 am

zeemimi, it depends on the schools. Some IP schools start term next week, some in mid to late Jan. And no, I don't think JAE students will miss out at all. I don't think they start proper classes until the JAE students join the schools. I think the IP schools which start early are probably those which do not admit JAE students. Maybe other parents can confirm this.

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 6730
Joined: Thu Jan 06,
Total Likes:98

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by iFirefly » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:18 am

wonderm wrote:I am also glad that you started this thread. Hopefully we see more sharing from parents with kids in JC.

But I guess by this age, the kids are more independent, hence parents are usually less involved.


Sorry to intrude..

Just wana wish wonderm Happy New Year (very hard to catch her).. May the new year bring joy & contentment to you & your family ! :rahrah:

Also wishing all JC parents here, a blessed 2014.. Cheers !! :celebrate:

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Sep 22,
Total Likes:72

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by wonderm » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:21 am

firefly38 wrote:
wonderm wrote:I am also glad that you started this thread. Hopefully we see more sharing from parents with kids in JC.

But I guess by this age, the kids are more independent, hence parents are usually less involved.


Sorry to intrude..

Just wana wish wonderm Happy New Year (very hard to catch her).. May the new year bring joy & contentment to you & your family ! :rahrah:

Also wishing all JC parents here, a blessed 2014.. Cheers !! :celebrate:


Hi hi, thanks for the well wishes!

Wish you and the family a very happy and blessed 2014!

All the best to your ds2, hope he has a smooth PSLE journey and gets into his dream school!

Post Reply