Networking Group - JCs General

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: JCs - Parents Networking Group

Post by Lynn2010 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:09 pm

twilight wrote:
Lynn2010 wrote:DD went to ACSI too. Like what twilight said, no issue.

Boys make friends in a different way from girls generally. Girls tend to be more cliquey (in my opinion), so the "new girls" who joined ACSI do not have problems mixing around

Twilight... i remember you giving me some advise some time ago. Have you completed your IB? Just completed last year?

Yup, I just graduated last year.

Hi twilight, hope you've done well. What's your plan? Can share? What will you be applying for?

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by twilight » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:05 pm

Lynn2010 wrote:Hi twilight, hope you've done well. What's your plan? Can share? What will you be applying for?

I did very well, thank you.
I'll be going to Japan in April under the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship.

zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:49

Post by zeemimi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:07 pm

twilight wrote:
Lynn2010 wrote:Hi twilight, hope you've done well. What's your plan? Can share? What will you be applying for?

I did very well, thank you.
I'll be going to Japan in April under the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship.

Congrats twilight!

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Lynn2010 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Congratulations!!

Can share how many pts you get and what is MEXT scholarship?

What do you have to major?

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by twilight » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:37 pm

I got 45 points. :)

The MEXT scholarship is a scholarship provided by the Ministry of Education of Japan to students of many different nationalities (Asia, North America, Europe, Australia, Africa, most countries basically). They have the undergraduate scholarship and postgraduate scholarship. The undergraduate scholarship will pay for the tuition at any national university in Japan and provides a monthly stipend (about 120000yen per month. Accommodation is not provided though so it has to paid out of the monthly stipend). One has to do a year of Japanese language and then according to the results the government will allocate the university to the student. There is no restriction in major at all, just that some courses like medicine will undoubtedly be more competitive. Best part is there is no bond. So there are more options to university besides those in the usual UK, US and Singapore.

I intend to major in materials engineering.

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Lynn2010 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Congratulations on the fantastic full pts score!!

Your parents must be very proud of you :)

So you'll have to live in japan for a while :)... Will the undergraduate course be conducted in Engliah or Japanese? Eg. Physics in Japanese?

All the best and take care

zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:49

Post by zeemimi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:40 pm

twilight wrote:I got 45 points. :)

The MEXT scholarship is a scholarship provided by the Ministry of Education of Japan to students of many different nationalities (Asia, North America, Europe, Australia, Africa, most countries basically). They have the undergraduate scholarship and postgraduate scholarship. The undergraduate scholarship will pay for the tuition at any national university in Japan and provides a monthly stipend (about 120000yen per month. Accommodation is not provided though so it has to paid out of the monthly stipend). One has to do a year of Japanese language and then according to the results the government will allocate the university to the student. There is no restriction in major at all, just that some courses like medicine will undoubtedly be more competitive. Best part is there is no bond. So there are more options to university besides those in the usual UK, US and Singapore.

Woohoo! :congrats: and u were from cedar girls!!!! All the best in your future endeavor.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by twilight » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:32 am

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. :)
Lynn2010 wrote:Congratulations on the fantastic full pts score!!

So you'll have to live in japan for a while :)... Will the undergraduate course be conducted in Engliah or Japanese? Eg. Physics in Japanese?

There are options to do the courses in English, but I feel it's ridiculous to go to Japan only to be taught in English.

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Lynn2010 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:04 pm

twilight wrote:Thank you everyone for the well wishes. :)
Lynn2010 wrote:Congratulations on the fantastic full pts score!!

There are options to do the courses in English, but I feel it's ridiculous to go to Japan only to be taught in English.

You are indeed brilliant!! Al the best & take care

Juz Mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Juz Mum » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:19 pm

twilight wrote:I got 45 points. :)

:congrats: twilight !!