SAJC Learning culture

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

SAJC Learning culture

Postby skyjuice » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:24 am

Hi!

Would appreciate some feedback on SAJC as DS is considering applying to this school. DS gets easily stressed with exams, hence, I'm wondering if this route, in particular, SAJC, is for him. Any comments about the school's learning environment and culture will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: SAJC Learning culture

Postby Skyed » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:21 pm

SA is known for its playful culture.. But really in any jc there will be stress esp when exams are near.

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby xiaostar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:17 am

work hard, play hard.

xiaostar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ServantOfGod » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:01 pm

xiaostar wrote:work hard, play hard.

I dunno about the working hard part, but during my time is was play hard, party harder.

I recall that we always seem to have a celebration for some event every week... both in school and outside. And every weekend is party time. :p
Me and my classmates always wondered how we managed to keep up with our schoolwork back then.

ServantOfGod
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby skyjuice » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Seems SAJC is quite a balanced JC from the few feedback. Thanks a lot!

I like the play hard part. These days schools tend to be too academically driven that they seem to forget sports and arts let our youths excel further.

I wonder how many subjects do JC students have to take per semester and what grades these days can make it to local Universities?

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Quies » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:49 pm

skyjuice wrote:Seems SAJC is quite a balanced JC from the few feedback. Thanks a lot!

I like the play hard part. These days schools tend to be too academically driven that they seem to forget sports and arts let our youths excel further.

I wonder how many subjects do JC students have to take per semester and what grades these days can make it to local Universities?

I think they are known more for sports than arts. You could check the grades from university websites. But general guideline would be at least A or B.

Quies
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Millicent » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi, Former SAJCian here. During my time back at Malan Road, the culture was also playful. However, a number of us still made it to NUS Faculty of Business Administration, Science, and Arts & Social Science.

Millicent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby zbear » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:59 pm

SAJC Open House is tomorrow. Those interested, shld go down to the JC to have a look.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees