O Level Results

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

O Level Results

Postby Vivian22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 pm

I need some help guys. I've got an L1R5 of 8 points. Should I try for Temasek JC which has a COP of 7? Please advise!

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Vivian22
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: O Level Results

Postby zbear » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Do you have any bonus points eg CCA/HMT for deduction?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Vivian22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:05 pm

zbear wrote:Do you have any bonus points eg CCA/HMT for deduction?

Well, my raw score's 9 and after deduction of 1 point from CCA, it's now 8.

Vivian22
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kiasuparentsirock » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Vivian22 wrote:I need some help guys. I've got an L1R5 of 8 points. Should I try for Temasek JC which has a COP of 7? Please advise!

You should try for TJC. Since you are only one point away from the COP you should give a try. Anyways, no harm trying!

kiasuparentsirock
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Vivian22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:21 pm

kiasuparentsirock wrote:
Vivian22 wrote:I need some help guys. I've got an L1R5 of 8 points. Should I try for Temasek JC which has a COP of 7? Please advise!

You should try for TJC. Since you are only one point away from the COP you should give a try. Anyways, no harm trying!

Should I put it as my first choice, though? Right now I'm considering NYJC as well since my L1R5 meets its COP. I'm a little anxious - if I'm not accepted into TJC (albeit placing it as my first choice), will it affect my chances of being posted to NYJC (which, in view of TJC being my first choice, is now my 2nd choice)?

Vivian22
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby koguma » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Vivian22 wrote:
kiasuparentsirock wrote:

Should I put it as my first choice, though? Right now I'm considering NYJC as well since my L1R5 meets its COP. I'm a little anxious - if I'm not accepted into TJC (albeit placing it as my first choice), will it affect my chances of being posted to NYJC (which, in view of TJC being my first choice, is now my 2nd choice)?

Under section 3 of the JAE booklet, it is written
"Applicants are posted to a course based on merit first according to their net aggregate scores (taking into account the various bonus points for which the applicants are eligible for). "

You can refer to this link if you do not have the booklet >>
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... e-info.pdf

Hence no harm putting TJC first then NYJC. However do note that although your L1R5 meets NYJC's COP, it doesn't means you will definitely get into NYJC.

After NYJC, you must put those JCs where your L1R5 are better than their COP.

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees