Networking Group - Innova JC

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Networking Group - Innova JC

Postby begoodparents » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:02 am

Please help! :dancing:

begoodparents
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: WHAT IS STUDENT/PARENTS OPINION ABOUT INNOVA JUNIOR COLL

Postby PSLEmom » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:49 pm

Any feedback on INNOVA JC scholarnpgm Program? ?..

PSLEmom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby PSLEmom » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:50 pm

Any feedback on INNOVA JC scholarnpgm Program? ?..

PSLEmom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cyt kpopfan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:32 am

The jae book says Identified scholars participate in global immersion prgm and scietific enterprise, they carry out cip overseas mainly the asean countries and are trained in resume writing etc

cyt kpopfan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby achiever2803 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:22 pm

I am a former student of IJC and i had never regretted being in IJ because the teachers are really helpful and will go the extra mile to teach us. They are patient and will always stay back in school for consultations. The ultimatum lies on the students own effort to strive for the best. In my opinion, this is true for all students regardless of which school they are enrolled in.

achiever2803
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby spamrodent » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:42 am

Innova Poly is new, so as Republic Poly. Guess quality is all the same in Singapore's excellent education infrastructure.

spamrodent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby luvpsalm » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:06 pm

spamrodent wrote:Innova Poly is new, so as Republic Poly. Guess quality is all the same in Singapore's excellent education infrastructure.

Hi, Innova is a JC, not a poly. :smile:
My ds celebrated the JC's 10th anniversary this year so it's not exactly new but it's the newest among all the JCs. Hence the facilities are pretty new and the school compound is spacious and airy.

luvpsalm
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby luvpsalm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:41 pm

My ds chose ijc over a several others after he attended several OH with his sec sch friends. To him, it has the best fit of pupils' charisma, cca and the jc's environment. He enjoys to be people who are sociable, confident and outspoken. He said some jc student leaders lack these charisma.

His jc1 class comprised of about 20 pupils. Among them are foreigners and a mix of different sec schs, including pupils from xin min, chung cheng high main, scgs, serangoon gardens, pasir ris crest, bartley, paya lebar methodist, etc.

There are also many foreign students who are on scholarships. Most of them are taking 4H2 subjects whereas the average student will take only 3H2.

School's rules are quite relaxed as the principal mentioned that the pupils have enough disciplinary measures to observe for the past 10 years in primary and secondary schools. There will be no issues as long they practise self-disciplines.

My ds observed that most of the students are well-behaved and diligent. Even if many are from neighbourhood schools, they are usually ranked among the top classes. Afterall, they enrolled themselves into jc for the ultimate goal of getting a degree so they can't afford to slack and waste their time there, although some do leave for poly after a few months of trying. They might have found the A level curriculum unsuitable, tough, boring or for other reasons.

As for the teachers, ds find that there are both very good and mediocre ones. As the jc encourages students to book consultation sessions with subject teachers, much help can be obtained if the students take the initiative.
There are a few parent-teacher-meetings which we can find out more about ours kids and the jc.

There are many tests in every semester depending on the subject. May range from 1 to 3 tests and some of them will be included in the computation of mid year exam (called summer test) and also in the eoy (mid-course exam).

Overall, my impression of ijc is very good. The pace is comfortable for my ds and he has built good rapport with his friends who are goody two shoes. As with other jcs, the students are empowered in many ways to exercise their creativity in cca and non-curriculum activities.

luvpsalm
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby luvpsalm » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:21 am

IJC will keep its COP at 20 so that everyone who meets the JC minimum entry requirement will have a chance to pursue the A levels in SG.

luvpsalm
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby miki96 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:43 am

my teacher once said that IJC was relatively high a few years ago for their COP, like at 17? but this year 2016 it has dropped to 20 which surprised a lot of people and some knew that IJC and PJC has the most numbers of retainees at JC1 as compared to other JCs

miki96
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees