Networking Group - Catholic JC

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
theNSKlor
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

CJC?

Post by theNSKlor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:22 am

I've heard from many people about the BGR problems, abortion rates and stuff related to this. And also about students being very flirty.

How true is this? I went to the open house 2 days ago and just from the open house, I won't be able to conclude THAT much.

The overall impression is that the school has a pretty sporty culture(?) since frisbee is quite a popular thing among CJCians.

Also, many many people has discouraged me from going to CJC and I would really appreciate it if somebody can enlighten me as to why so, apart from abortion rates but more to like academic reasons.

thanks alot!!

plc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: CJC?

Post by plc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 am

the issue of abortion, was history, but the stigma still stays with the jc. It's a very "team" oriented (depending on class and cca), where students are guided to be leaders of compassion and have a heart for others..academic will come in, ie students will help each other.

theNSKlor
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by theNSKlor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 pm

plc wrote:the issue of abortion, was history, but the stigma still stays with the jc. It's a very "team" oriented (depending on class and cca), where students are guided to be leaders of compassion and have a heart for others..academic will come in, ie students will help each other.

were/are u a student/teacher from CJC now?

my classmate just told me that CJC doesn't focus on academics very much as compared to many other JCs

Love iPad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Chance of getting into cjc

Post by Love iPad » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:25 pm

I have a nett score of 11. I have place CJ as my 1st and 2nd choice. What are my chances of getting in?

plc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by plc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 am

Sorry, no.

theNSKlor
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Chance of getting into cjc

Post by theNSKlor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 am

most likely have to appeal

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by Skyed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Have to appeal. Low chance though, since CJC has many affiliated schools.

Babylissa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Babylissa » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi, Love iPad.

:xedfingers: All the best to you.

theNSKlor
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by theNSKlor » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Love iPad wrote:I have a nett score of 11. I have place CJ as my 1st and 2nd choice. What are my chances of getting in?

hi, may i know if you got in CJC? i have some friends appealing and was wondering if you did get in via JAE or u appealed.

Love iPad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Love iPad » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:26 pm

theNSKlor wrote:
Love iPad wrote:I have a nett score of 11. I have place CJ as my 1st and 2nd choice. What are my chances of getting in?

hi, may i know if you got in CJC? i have some friends appealing and was wondering if you did get in via JAE or u appealed.

No. I appeal but no result yet. My friend 10 nett also rejected.