HELP MEE

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

HELP MEE

Postby thegirlwiththegreenscarf » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:00 am

Khewosnrebwksmrbekwofnr exkjdnwaof.
Last edited by thegirlwiththegreenscarf on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegirlwiththegreenscarf
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: HELP MEE

Postby zeemimi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:10 am

Why don't you call up RI to enquire? Dd also wanted to do hybrid. I told her to ascertain with the school whether it belongs to arts or science. The school has confirmed that it belongs to science stream.
Last edited by zeemimi on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Total Likes: 44


Re: HELP MEE

Postby jtoh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:43 am

Hybrid in RJC is considered Science stream. Call up the school and ask them if you can change to Science stream after posting. With two points it shouldn't be a problem.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Re: HELP MEE

Postby ReachTutor » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:21 pm

thegirlwiththegreenscarf wrote:Hello!
I'm really desperate as I might have chosen the wrong stream for JC. I'd like to do a hybrid in JC but I'm not sure if applying via Arts stream would enable me to do so. I'm a 2 pointer if that helps? RJ's Art was my first followed by Science.

Do you think its possible to transfer to the Science Stream if I'm not allowed to do Hybrid in Arts? :(

Or should I consider transferring to another Junior College, say NYJC?

I don't know anymore :(


Yes based on my experience it's in the Science stream. Like what the others have said, you can call up the school's General Office to enquire more about it. :smile:

ReachTutor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:58 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: HELP MEE

Postby thegirlwiththegreenscarf » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:53 am

ReachTutor wrote:
thegirlwiththegreenscarf wrote:Hello!
I'm really desperate as I might have chosen the wrong stream for JC. I'd like to do a hybrid in JC but I'm not sure if applying via Arts stream would enable me to do so. I'm a 2 pointer if that helps? RJ's Art was my first followed by Science.

Do you think its possible to transfer to the Science Stream if I'm not allowed to do Hybrid in Arts? :(

Or should I consider transferring to another Junior College, say NYJC?

I don't know anymore :(


Yes based on my experience it's in the Science stream. Like what the others have said, you can call up the school's General Office to enquire more about it. :smile:


Thank you so much! I've called them up actually. They said that I'll have to appeal to switch streams. What are the chances of a successful transfer? Or would you advice me to transfer to another school?

thegirlwiththegreenscarf
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: HELP MEE

Postby zeemimi » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:02 pm

thegirlwiththegreenscarf wrote:
Thank you so much! I've called them up actually. They said that I'll have to appeal to switch streams. What are the chances of a successful transfer? Or would you advice me to transfer to another school?


It very much depends on how passionate you are with regards to the subjects you'll be studying. Are you ok to venture into the Arts stream? Or you only want to do science?
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Total Likes: 44


Re: HELP MEE

Postby thegirlwiththegreenscarf » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 pm

zeemimi wrote:
thegirlwiththegreenscarf wrote:
Thank you so much! I've called them up actually. They said that I'll have to appeal to switch streams. What are the chances of a successful transfer? Or would you advice me to transfer to another school?


It very much depends on how passionate you are with regards to the subjects you'll be studying. Are you ok to venture into the Arts stream? Or you only want to do science?


I only want to do hybrid which is unfortunately, under science :/ It's the only stream which allows me to study my favourite subjects. I feel rather stupid now hahah

thegirlwiththegreenscarf
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: HELP MEE

Postby FrekiWang » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:13 pm

chance is meaningless here. What is the difference between 20% or 80%?

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Total Likes: 0



Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees