GCME advisable?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

GCME advisable?

Postby paddypaddy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:40 am

I'd like to take Geog (A1) Chem (A2) Math (A1) Econs at H2 level. May I know if this is advisable or suicidal, and as I do not really have a keen interest in Phys (A2), I don't really want to take up the subject. However, would it be better for me to take pcme or gcme? Would probably venture into business ( hopefully), and hence I need neither geog or phys in the field, would just like to know which is a wiser option and if gcme is an ideal combi.

Thanks in advance :-)
Last edited by paddypaddy on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

paddypaddy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: GCME advisable?

Postby jtoh » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:57 am

Go with the subject you're interested in and can score better in. When the subject gets tough, interest will keep you going. As neither Physics nor Geog is a requirement in the uni course you're interested in, go with your interest and ability. Grades count in uni admission.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby zeemimi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:48 am

Gcme is manageable. That's what my dd planning to take too.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:05 pm

paddypaddy wrote:Hi,

I intend to go to ACJC and I'd like to take Geog (A1) Chem (A2) Math (A1) Econs at H2 level. May I know if this is advisable or suicidal, and as I do not really have a keen interest in Phys (A2), I don't really want to take up the subject. However, would it be better for me to take pcme or gcme? Would probably venture into business ( hopefully), and hence I need neither geog or phys in the field, would just like to know which is a wiser option and if gcme is an ideal combi.

Thanks in advance :-)

IMO.....So long Geog dun go with Bio sems to be a better choice...
as these 2 H2 subjs are amongst the worse heavy content subjs.....

Fyi, H1 Geog is only 1/2 the content of H2 Geog...

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby yellow banana » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:47 pm

GCME is a manageable combi. Do the subjects which interest you, so that studying will not be chore.

yellow banana
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cucumber_13 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 pm

I hope this reply is not too late. I took the same combination as you and I just finished my A levels examination last year. This combination is okay as long as you do not drop your H2Math and H2Chem to H1. I'm speaking from experience because I was an advanced student and was told to drop one of my 4H2s to H1 at the end of J1. As I was seriously weak in chem and math I decided to drop my chemistry to H1. I realise that it was quite a big mistakes because I do not meet the subject requirements of many courses in university. I urge you to check out the subject requirements of the university courses that you are interested in if you are advice to drop your 4H2 :) All the best to your JC education and A levels!!

cucumber_13
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby zbear » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:09 pm

I heard from my dd that H2 Chem is a killer. Is it advisable to continue taking at H2 even if you still cannot manage at end of JC1?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees