Jc or poly?!

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Jc or poly?!

Postby Redtomato » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:11 pm

I'm a student who got raw 11 for olevels and after subtraction, i got 7. I have applied for NYJC however i heard that GP paper is going to be a killer. Thus, im afraid that i might not be able to cope with it. So now i am comtemplating on whether to switch to poly or apply for nafa diploma of fine arts as i have an interest in art. However due to singapore's small art industry, i am worried that my dream might not be able to provide for me in the future. I got
English B3
Combined humans A2
Maths B3
A maths A2
Science (phy,chem) A1
Art A1
Is there any advice for me? Thank you lots! :)
Last edited by Redtomato on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redtomato
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Jc or poly?!

Postby rains » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:36 pm

What's a killer to another may not be a killer to you. GP has a lot to do with current affairs and everyday matters (if it hasn't changed from the time I did it). It's about offering a balanced view and presenting arguments from two sides of a coin. A good GP teacher will teach you how to answer the questions and the rest depends on you. It will only be a problem if you are very weak in English.

rains
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zeemimi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:08 pm

I guess you are going for the arts steam in nyjc. What subjects do u intend to take?
It's hard to guage your strength based on your grades.
If art is your passion, go for it. The art & design industry is not really small in singapore. The are lots of opportunity if u seek it out.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Redtomato » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Most probably i will be taking art, maths, geog and econs. As there are many kinds of design, i am not definite about which design course to go for, like whether i should apply for nafa fine arts or object and jewellery. If i were to get a degree for arts, i would have to go overseas which my parents do not really approve of me to. Thus i am thinking if i should go for business course and find a job first after getting the diploma for business.

Redtomato
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby zeemimi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Getting nett 7 is a pretty good score. U can give yourself a chance to try out jc first. If u really find jc is not your fit, u can apply for poly.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees