Appealing to Anglo-Chinese Junior College (ACJC)

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Appealing to Anglo-Chinese Junior College (ACJC)

Postby NewQwertyGuy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi, I my L1R5 raw score is 13 and with 4 bonus points. I was posted to Jurong Junior College and is currently appealing to Anglo-Chinese Junior College.

My problem now is that I'm not sure if the school would accept my appeal because of my leadership qualities or my flair in arts and music. I'm also worried that my chances of getting enrolled into the school would low as I do not have a clear talent as well as my bad L1R5. :frustrated:

I started playing Dizi since I was studying in Primary 1 as my CCA, stopped for 2 years and then joined the chinese orchestra troop in the community club. All in all, I've got 8 years of experience in chinese orchestra, excluding that 2 years when I am not part of a troop. That's my music-talent-part. For my leadership part, I was the Chairperson of my school's Environmental Club and won quite some competitions related to the green movements. I was also given the positions of managing the music scores and the welfare of the orchestra troop. Finally, my artistic talent. I'm good in... *I feel like I'm bragging to you guys... but then... sigh... :xedfingers: * I'm good in manga drawing, painting, pottery, clay sculpturing and digital arts.

Although I can appeal to Anglo-Chinese using Chinese Orchestra as my CCA, I used Digital Design as I'm more confident in it. However, I did not win much awards from the two and (if I'm not wrong, or I may be wrong) the school won't be giving my the opportunity to showcase my ability. Maybe I can go for an audition but it's most likely that I won't be able to show them my digital artworks.

~ Ok... too much things are appearing in my mind. Ignore them if you don't understand. Pardon me. ~

In conclusion, I just want to know my chances of getting enrolled into Anglo-Chinese. Hopefully someone who knows the school well will see this post and give me some advice.

P.S. To be honest, I under-performed in the 'O' Levels. I came from a rather prestigious school in the west :censored: and gets into the top 20% for the first three years but my rank dropped when I was in Secondary 4 (May be because of my complacency). Most of my other friends who are in the similar level as I am, got raw scores ranging from 10 to 8. Will Anglo-Chinese consider this or look at my secondary school's result slips?

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees