science vs arts stream for hybrid combi

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

science vs arts stream for hybrid combi

Postby paddypaddy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi,

I would like to take a hybrid combi, consisting of 4H2 subjects: Geog, Chem, Math, Econs. I have been posted to the Arts stream, but I meet the cop for science in the JC, and I'm wondering if it makes a differece if I apply for the science stream rather than the arts stream? Would it help in uni admission etc.? The school allows me to take a hybrid comviq under arts as well, since I'm taking all 4 at H2 level, and there is a n equal number of academic units for my momscience and arts subject. As of now I'm in neither arts nor science stream/in both streams. Thanks in advance! (-:

paddypaddy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: science vs arts stream for hybrid combi

Postby zbear » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:45 am

I remembered Skyed mentioning that for hybrid combi, it comes under Science and not Arts.

Can you tell us which JC are you in?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby paddypaddy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:25 am

Thanks for your reply! :-)
Last edited by paddypaddy on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

paddypaddy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby slmkhoo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:50 am

I don't think universities care what stream you were classified under in JC as that is an internal classification. Universities will just look at your grades and other achievements. If you want to transfer for other reasons, you should approach your JC's authorities.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees